Bestest Oktoberfest lineup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sadu

Reaction score
I have to share this list of brews I made for an Oktoberfest party I'm having in 2 weeks.

ON TAP (corny of each)
Koelsch
Pilsner
Helles
Oktoberfest
Hefeweizen
Dunkelweizen
Schwarzbier

BOTTLES (small batches)
Altbier
Rauchbier
Traditional bock
Maibock
Weizenbock
Imperial pilsner
Doppelbock

All the lagers have been aged for a decent amount of time and the wheat ales are super fresh. It's been hard work having these kegs in my fridges for the last 6 months and not being able to touch them. Actually ran out of beer over xmas and had to buy some.

Anyway, do have a question in here. The lagers are all super bright from being lagered properly but I need to shift them a few miles across town for the party. I'd be gutted if the beer came out cloudy on the day. How far in advance should I be shifting the kegs to guarantee bright beer? Serving out of kegerators.

I suspect the answer is 'it depends on a lot of variables', but you could always move them and add gelatin. That would clear them in 24 hours or so.

Edit: Just to add, that's a really solid lineup...

The most reliable method would be to transfer the lagers to a clean keg via a jumper. But you need at least 1 spare keg to do this.

Is Oktoberfest in january like christmas in July?

Yeah, jump them into empty kegs, even if you have to borrow one in order to rotate them.

Back