Best Wine You've Ever Made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluespark

Reaction score
I'm just getting into the hobby, so I dont have anything significant to contribute. I made a cheap, tasty, sparkling berry "wine"coolerish thing that every one loved, but that doesnt really count. My strawberry apple is in secondary and smells divine at 3 months old.

my favorite wines are from a local winery that makes grapeless fruit wines. their cherry and strawberry ruebarb are amazing.

So out of curiousity, what do you think is the best wine you've ever made?

While I have not been disappointed in any of the wines I have made thus far I would say the 'best' has been a Blackberry that I bottled in late December. I can't wait to see how it ages.

I think my favorite wine so far is my skeeter pee fermented off a white grape peach yeast slurry. Super refreshing and just a great lemony flavor.

I have a raspberry melomel, cherry chipotle melomel, strawberry, blood orange and a Pom melomels, orange spice, hibiscus, vanilla, and chocolate methaglins and a concord pyment in secondary, 1-3.5 months old. 2 batches of JAOM, and a new one I started 10 days ago that will be a peach, orange, passionflower and chamomile concoction.

None old enough to drink!!! It's nice hearing about others successes while I impatiently wait.

Cabernet Sauvignon where I actually added pepper corns and crushed red pepper.

Everyone LOVED it. Even serious wine snobs.

*Replying to the thread title, which did not mention "grapeless"*

My favorites are grape less, but yours doesn't have to be. Sounds fantastic, been debating making something with pepper....

My favorites are grape less, but yours doesn't have to be. Sounds fantastic, been debating making something with pepper....

I accidentally dumped a BUNCH of the crushed red flakes (maybe 2 tbsp) and I added 1 tbsp of black peppercorns.

I also let it dry waaaaaaaaay out. I didn't stop fermentation until way late intentionally.

The best wine I've ever made?

My husband says it was a tannot/merlot blend that I did in 2007. There are just about 2 bottles left.

My favorite was an oaked blackberry I did in about 2004. That one has been gone for while now!

Latest posts

Back