Best. Wife. Ever.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milesvdustin

Reaction score
Instead of a shirt or something normal for a Valentines present, she bought me two more 6 gallon better bottles! Brings my total to four, so now I need to get brewing!

Having a spouse who understands and appreciates your brewing makes all the difference. My wife is a saint who puts up with waaaay to much brewing stuff!!

Haha no sister, she is an only child. She said she almost got me a new golf club (driver) but decided on the bottles instead. Certainly a keeper!

She caved at first and let me have the shelf in the closet.... then I eventually got the whole closet. Now I have taken over part of the garage too and she has relented and said ok to the keezer in the office. She certainly understands the brewing addiction.

HA HA, I know the feeling! Mine bought me an extract IPA kit from Northern Brewer, a yeast starter kit, and some various other brewing odds and ends. It's awesome to have a wife who supports the obsession!

Lol without an awesome wife there IS NO "brewing habit". Im up to half of the closet and working on how to take over the other half.

Cool.

My wife is good too. She bought me an equipment kit for Christmas to get me started and once she saw I liked it so much she suggested that I need a second fermenter, so I could have two batches brewing at all times..

MMMMMM beer

Half a closet... I have take over 2/3 of the basement. I haven't washed a bottle or scraped a label in over a year. And there are 300 bottles in my basement (and I keg most of my beer). My wife is a huge help and quite the enabler to my addition. I consider myself a very lucky man.

SWMBO is giving me her forgiveness when my kegerator conversion kit arrives on Wed! She doesn't know this yet.

SWMBO loves it actually, we've brewed together, but she loves the bottling process... which is FINE WITH ME! lol. we take turns on cases, i fill 1 case, she caps a case, then we switch. works out actually pretty quickly and nicely!

gonna have her help out on the next AG brew session which will be nice for sure!

My wife made a deal with me: I get her Juicy Couture, I get beer stuff. For Valentines Day she got a Juicy Couture Charm.... I got my Stout faucet for the Coffee stout that's about ready to go on tap. Then for my b-day (3/27) she got me 2x Perlick 525SS's, to replace the garbage faucets that came with my conversion kit.

Best wife.

Back