Best way to add a second tap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CallMeZoot

Reaction score
I have a barebones single-tap kegerator system side-mounted on a full-sized refrigerator.

Eventually I'd like to add a second tap and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it:

1.) Buy another shank/faucet (and a splitter or secondary regulator) and just drill another hole in my fridge. Probably the cheapest solution but not especially elegant, plus I'm not sure I want to drill another hole and chance hitting a coolant line.

2.) Getting a tower system. Is there any kind of tower that side-mounts (I don't have much clearance on the side of my refrigerator so I can't mount it on a piece of furniture or build a counter for it). Can I use my existing through-the-wall shank with a tower or do towers have a different way of getting the beer lines out?

3.) Is there such thing as a double-faucet that mounts to the side of a refrigerator but only uses one hole (maybe some kind of double-shank?)?

Also, what's a good source for buying these parts without having to get an entire kit?

Thanks,
chris.

Based on what I've seen, probably another faucet and shank through the side and a 2-way gas distributor would be the most practical way. I haven't heard of some of the other options you mentioned.

Micromatic is a pretty good resource for parts.

GeoXP said:
Based on what I've seen, probably another faucet and shank through the side and a 2-way gas distributor would be the most practical way. I haven't heard of some of the other options you mentioned.

Micromatic is a pretty good resource for parts.

Thanks for the advice -- how can I avoid coolant lines when drilling another hole?

Thanks,
chris.

Double faucets are very, very expensive.

If your refrigerator has a grid on the back, which is normal for full sized, there are no lines in the walls.

Back