Best Tilt Hydrometer Replacement Battery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeCo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a manufacturer for a Tilt replacement battery? I've searched and found that Energizers have given some people problems and Rayovac seems ok. Lowes sells a brand called SureFire which I've never used, and the price is good at $4.82 for 2 cells. I'm not sure what battery make came with the Tilt from the factory as mine is in a fermenter right now. Thanks for the help.

Can anyone recommend a manufacturer for a Tilt replacement battery? I've searched and found that Energizers have given some people problems and Rayovac seems ok. Lowes sells a brand called SureFire which I've never used, and the price is good at $4.82 for 2 cells. I'm not sure what battery make came with the Tilt from the factory as mine is in a fermenter right now. Thanks for the help.

My Tilt came with a Streamlight CR123A Lithium battery. Since I use the Streamlight CR123A 3V Lithuim battery on other items, I had many in inventory. I have had no problems with using the Streamlight brand.

BTW, the Streamlight battery has a 10 year shelf life so I bought a package with a dozen of them on Amazon. I'm not sure if they sell a package of 12. Here is a package of six....

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-...+Lithium+Batteries&qid=1591061476&s=hi&sr=1-1

I'll be trying out some of my SureFire batteries (I have a dozen on hand) that are dated for Oct 2026 when I pull the Tilt in fermenter. I'll test these out before I go to use them, but IME these are really good batteries. I typically get a lot of runtime from them. Of course, the lights I use that take this size battery are now all recharging (Olight flashlights) so I don't need to feed them batteries.

Back