Best. Tattoo. Ever.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beta pleated sheet

Reaction score
Okay, okay, so I don't have any pics, yet, but I will by this time tomorrow. I just want to tell somebody about my plans because I'm that excited. In 21 hours and 30 minutes for the second time I will be getting my skin filled with ink. Oh, you want to know what I'm getting? Hops! Yep, a few little hop cones, maybe with a few viney/leafy embellishments (I haven't yet seen the final design, but I trust my artist's judgment). It'll be on my ankle, and I'm insanely excited.

I've wanted a beer-related tattoo for ages, but it wasn't until just recently that I thought of something I'd actually love to have on my body. To make things even more awesome, I think the hophead T-shirt I ordered should arrive tomorrow as well. Too bad my IPA won't be ready to drink yet, that'd really bring the whole thing together.

Have you ever heard the expression "good things come to those who wait?"

Well, just to shut everyone up, here's a pic of the one I already have. See? Now you can't complain about lack of pictures.
th_pdc003.jpg

DeathBrewer said:
that's kinda gross and not real.

Every man to come after has left wondering what it's like to get...

o_O Public forum!

Deathbrewer said:
the color on your first one really does look fantastic.

This is the third forum I've said "Didn't I say that more crudely?" at... I'm druck so what the hell, unabashed comments shall gush forth..

Either you're REALLY white or someone has some VERY vivid inks! :fro:

it's a combination of

1 I am EXTREMELY white because I have a form of albinism (not the full-blown kind)
2. It was fresh in that pic, so it's at the phase where it kind of looks painted on

But it still looks very bright in person.

beta pleated sheet said:
I am EXTREMELY white because I have a form of albinism

Hot. You're like the perfect canvas for body art!

beta pleated sheet said:
But it still looks very bright in person.

Awesome. I have a tattoo of Stitch from Lilo and Stitch on my right arm. It's been about 5 years and he's gotten more dull and gotten shorter and fatter... bastard.

beta pleated sheet said:
Have you ever heard the expression "good things come to those who wait?"

Well, just to shut everyone up, here's a pic of the one I already have. See? Now you can't complain about lack of pictures.
th_pdc003.jpg
I'm no expert on tattoos but the colors on that one are awesome!
:mug: Here's to your next one. I think hops are a great idea.

honestly, if someone has a 'dumb' tattoo, that's their choice.

however when a tattoo is poorly done, or like that portrait that looks terrible...those are 'bad tattoos'.

telling someone their tattoo is bad because you don't 'understand it' is like telling someone they're stupid for liking the color blue, or red, or green.

in other words, the guy with the Star Wars stuff on his back...who cares?! he likes star wars! big effing deal! sure the words Star Wars need to be recolored, but otherwise, its fine.

malkore said:

however when a tattoo is poorly done, or like that portrait that looks terrible...those are 'bad tattoos'.

telling someone their tattoo is bad because you don't 'understand it' is like telling someone they're stupid for liking the color blue, or red, or green.

in other words, the guy with the Star Wars stuff on his back...who cares?! he likes star wars! big effing deal! sure the words Star Wars need to be recolored, but otherwise, its fine.

Now I am the first to say if you like it, great but.... something like mr. cool ice (google that) makes it hard to relate and puts the exclamation/question mark on WTF!?

malkore said:

Where did that come from?

First off, im inked. Heavily inked.
I get SO much grief over one of my tattoo's, because its a corporate logo (VW symbol).. It was my choice, I did it for me, no one else.

No one said "Bad tattoo" nor did someone say a tattoo was bad, at least not in this thread. Where did someone mention the Star Wars tattoo?

I've gotta say, that is pretty cool! Talk about hardcore.:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

Oh, that is awesome! Your guy did a great job really with those highlights and tints and all. It looks fantastic!

That is nice. I've been trying to figure out my next tat and have wanted something brewing related. Just can't figure out what yet....

Kilted Brewer said:
That is nice. I've been trying to figure out my next tat and have wanted something brewing related. Just can't figure out what yet....
How about a pinup of a busty German beer waitress?

Where'd you get it done? I just have a little ink, I got it done at the place right in the middle of downtown NoHo. I've been thinking of getting something else, and it looks like whoever did that did a real nice job.

Back