Best table/stand for electric brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanwick

Reaction score
For electric, we don't need the holes for burners so its more like a table than a stand, right? And we don't need to run the gas pipeline, but we do still need to clamp on the pumps, the water filter, possibly a RIMS tube, the wort chillers, etc......

I have seen lots of stalnless tables in electric brew set-ups.

Is there a goto table out there that people are using or is it just the prettiest thing that people can find for cheap?

Are there certain features that one should look for? Leg sizes for clamping, bottom shelf? Tall enough to store kettles/keggles underneath?

You can build one yourself in about a day with the right tools and using some common lumber and hardware from your local big box store.

Go to Kals site and look at his section around building a bench.
http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/brew-stand

Its about $75 to build(my local lumber/hardware costs) and works great.
Its wood so it makes mounting pumps and a chiller to the stand easier than mounting to SSteel.

The only other thing I am putting under my pots with this stand is some cork pads like he recommends.

There are also stainless options out there for around $150/$160 shipped. Look on ebay or amazon. Those work well also.

I use a wooden step stool and an office table in a sort of "two teir stand" for now.

kettle goes on top of the step stool, pump on the step below that and controls, HLT and mash tun on top of the office table.... works for me right now as i'm moving to a bigger place later this month/next month so i've been able to deal with it for a few months/years :)

Any table, desk or workbench will do or any strong flat surface for that matter... since the bottom of the kettles only reach 212 degrees max any surface short of a painted or polyurethaned one will work fine... the cork (or any spacer is only needed for those treated surfaces). If you use a stainless top the cork does help insulate the kettle since the table would act as a giant heatsink and draw heat from the kettle to a small degree without it...
I mount my pumps directly to the ball valves with cam locks since I use compact DC pumps but I did make a wooden edge to prevent any spill from running off the tabletop and I also mounted my rims tube and manifold to the front along with my plate chiller...Basically the sky is the limit here.

Wire racking shelves (I got mine at Costco) work fine as a stand as well. They have the advantage that you can route hoses and cables through them and hang the hoses on them to dry.

I've been trying to find a broken commercial prep cooler for awhile now. Cheapest I've seen is $250 but haven't felt like pulling the trigger.

Here's a random google image, but something like this :

ContinentalRefrigerator_DLUCF48-SS.jpg

A lot have wheels, they're stainless tops, storage space below with the cabinets - or I'd probably mount my pumps and chiller through the face. Or you could get a working one and use it for fermenting for space saving. I think that'd be ideal, just costly unless you find a steal.

I brew on something like this:

Works great and the drawers provide storage for extra stuffz.

advert-24089447-1-400x400.jpg

Back