Best stuff to clean an old Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jekster

Reaction score
Cause I just scored one, although it's definitely going to need some elbow grease.

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

IMG_2665.jpg

All in all I think I scored, at the grand total of $30, even though it definitely needs some Sunday afternoon love. I have a stash of barkeepers friend that should work on the inside. However, if anyone has trade secrets I'd love to hear them!

Here is to good finds at garage sales! *cheers*

I used to drink me a lot of Miller High Life, back in my "un-educated" days!:D

You could get an 18 pack of bottles for like 9$ at the liquor store!

talleymonster said:
I used to drink me a lot of Miller High Life, back in my "un-educated" days!:D

You could get an 18 pack of bottles for like 9$ at the liquor store!

The tap is definitely going to be replaced, that's easy. I just need to work on cleaning the sucker. ;) Although I do admit that there was a time when I drank a 32 oz or so of the high life. It was never my cup of tea though. Much more of a PBR man myself...

Nice Score man! Welcome to the addiction...you sure are accumulating equipment pretty rapidly. You need to change out the sanke fittings for ball/pin locks and make sure you stand it upright for a day or two before you turn it on. If you need a hand setting anything up let me know.

Cheers

wop31 said:
Nice Score man! Welcome to the addiction...you sure are accumulating equipment pretty rapidly. You need to change out the sanke fittings for ball/pin locks and make sure you stand it upright for a day or two before you turn it on. If you need a hand setting anything up let me know.

Cheers

Definitely man. I plan on cleaning this sucker out pretty soon and asking for the hopjockey's help in getting it running with a few kegs. I honestly know very little about kegging but want to explore it in the future and knew this would be a good buy to get me started.

As for getting things set up, I'd be glad to hear your knowledge anytime. I'm actually brewing a porter tomorrow if you want to come hang. Let me know man.

Try Clorox Clean Up and Lysol All Purpose Cleaner. Just rinse very well in between cleaners. Those are my goto cleaners.

Man that sucker was grimmy! I hit it hard today and am still in the process of cleaning it. I've decided that if I want to keep the thing, the plastic stripping around the door needs replaced. I actually took the stripping off and it was so moldy I couldn't believe it. I guess a soak in bleach might fix it, but I would rather just replace the stuff. Anyone know if I can buy that stuff and cut it to length for replacement? I'm sure it can, I just don't know where to look. Lowes I imagine, or any place that does refrigerator repair... Thoughts welcome!

Back