Best solution for serving 2 kegs and force carbing a 3rd?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EuBrew

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to upgrade my crappy faucet on my kegerator to a perlick and would like to add a 2nd faucet while I'm at it. My regulator has also seen better days so I'll be replacing at least the gauges on it as well.

How would I set things up to be able to dial in individual pressures on 3 ports? Two would be used for serving and a third for either force carbing or set it and forget it.

Thanks!

Unless you think you'll need different pressures on the two kegs being served, a dual-body regulator with one reg hooked to a two port manifold (or a tee) would give you serving pressure to the kegs while the other reg would handle the carbing and "whatever else" function.

Depending on the type of regulator you already have, you may be able to add a secondary to it...

Cheers!

Unless you need it right away just set it and forget it. Although if you plan on serving beers at different carb levels then you'll need another regulator.

I have the setup you are talking about. 2 kegs on tap and one keg carbing, if I have my pipeline right. I don't have a need for different carb levels, so I have one regulator and something like this:

3P1_4B.jpg

Works great for me.

But as the others stated, you will need as many regulators as you need different carb levels in your beers.

I like to boost carb a keg at 30psi for 48 hours and then set it back to serving pressure, but I only have one regulator so I am often looking to serve 2 kegs and have another at 30psi. I usually serve at 10psi.

You can serve several pints off a keg that was at 10psi after you unhook the gas. So I shut off the valves to my 10psi serving kegs and crank up the regular to 30psi for the boost carbing keg.

If the serving kegs run out of serving pressure, I just open up the valve to them for a couple seconds and let a bit of gas in to the keg, the close up the valve again.

Once the boost carbing keg hits its 48 hours, I set back to 10psi and open everything up.

Back