Best serving methods for VEVOR mini keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterThirsty

Reaction score
Hi.

I recently purchased two 3.6L min kegs and a faucet/regulator connection that serves off 16 gram C02 cartridges.
Like this one.
Was wondering if anyone had experience with these, and what kind of pressure you run them at.
Keep in mind there is only about 12 inches of tubing from the keg body to the faucet, so it doesnt have the 8 feet of resistance tubing I would normally install on a short draw draft system.
So far it is serving blonde ale at 2.5 vol at 5-8 PSI at normal fridge temps of about 4C OK, but it's too foamy.
Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

I have some similar kegs and had foam issues at first even with proper length beer line. I speculated co2 was able to make it ways into the top of the dip tube hose. I fixed it by replacing the dip tube hose inside the keg to one that fitted more snuggly. I also added a zip tie to snug it up even more.

My advice would be to use those 3.7 L kegs for wine, cider or something similar that doesn't foam and get a small corny keg for your beer. They sell a 1.75 gallon version that will fit in your 'fridge without moving your shelves around, but I use a 3 gallon corny in a standard 'fridge. Use a picnic tap and about 5' of line.

I have a flow control perlick with my full size kegerator, so when I get a chance to go get it I think I will swap it out for the the stock faucet . Will let you guys know how it goes.

i use duotight flow control valve with my mini kegs and it always pours perfect. i recently got a picnic tap 2.1 and am having a little trouble with it. its pouring well but only on 12 oz glasses or pints. small tumblers end up flatish and foamy. not liking it yet but i think im learning still with it

Back