Best Place to purchase Complete Kegging System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chello

Reaction score
I have no local brew shop now that i'v moved so i have started ordering things from websites.

Where did you get your complete kegging system? Is there a "best" homebrew website to order from?

Thanks.

Corey

Chello said:
I have no local brew shop now that i'v moved so i have started ordering things from websites.

Where did you get your complete kegging system? Is there a "best" homebrew website to order from?

Thanks.

Corey

Ebay. The online stores will cost you a bit more. There aren't a lot of pieces needed, just kegs, a regulator, a CO2 tank and a distributor.

I'd buy your kegs from eBay, your CO2 tank from a welding supply shop, your regulator from eBay, make your own distributor and order your ball-lock fittings and taps or picnic heads online. You can get food grade hose from a hardware store.

Boom. You're done.

Chello said:

Thanks.

Corey

I got mine from the kegconnection.com selling on ebay.
Good system, fair prices, no problems, fast delivery.

Where are you located? I find Craigslist in Boston is teeming with home brewers selling all kinds of equipment. I get some great stuff of of craigslist. If you are located in a metropolitan area and are patient, you will find some good deals. I found a guy in Boston who sells out of his garage and often has good deals on kegs, and systems, and don't mind driving to pick the stuff up.

Keg connection seemed to have the best price of the on line stores. You could find things cheaper maybe on E-bay, but watch out for shipping cost as that might wipe out any savings. Most places sell basically the same type of stuff. I search out who has the lowest price when you include tax and shipping. - Dirk

I'm looking to start with Keggingconnection.com or my LHBS, still need to get the quote from the LHBS, but keggingconnection.com looks like a sweet way to go.

I'll 2nd, 3rd, or 4th kegconnection.com... They have their own site so not sure I'd bother with ebay?

I got a pretty darned good deal on my setup (priced elsewhere and couldn't find it cheaper - even piecing together a kit of new condition items - except the cornies of course). Todd is also a great guy to work with; great communication, shipping, etc...

What are the dimensions of the kegs that come with this kit. I know most 5gallon kegs are approx 26 inchs tall and i have seen a few on ebay lately that are only 22inches tall and a tiny bit fatter. I'd prefer one of the shorter ones i think.

Chello....Are those 5 gallon kegs or 3.5 gallon? I thought 5 gallon cornelius kegs are all about the same size? I know the pin lock vs ball lock are different but still about the same height. Maybe I am wrong?? - Dirk

derogg said:
Chello....Are those 5 gallon kegs or 3.5 gallon? I thought 5 gallon cornelius kegs are all about the same size? I know the pin lock vs ball lock are different but still about the same height. Maybe I am wrong?? - Dirk

Here is the link to the ebay auction. Its listed as a 5gallon that is 22'' tall.

Auction.

Back