Best Place to buy Rhizomes online?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freshops. Fast customer service and my 5/6 of my hop rhizomes are growing beautifully! (one was moldy and has no signs of growth, so they're replacing it to boot)

+1 for Freshops.

Placed a "hedging my bets" second order last week for 3. They still show to have about 10 or 12 varieties in stock. Even some Jumbo's.

I expect I'll get them today, or Monday.

I got some really healthy rhizomes from midwest and i received them before they said they were going to ship! I also ordered additional rhizomes from freshops and they are doing well too.

Last month Dave was saying Freshops has shipped more rhizomes this year that his total for the past two decades. Seems to still have a good supply.

Ordered mine from Freshops and they shipped them really quickly and they were in great condition when the arrived. I would order from Freshops again without hesitation.

Freshops all the way, ordered and they all showed up in a week and all have grown nicely, sprouted in a week after immediately planting :rockin:

(I am in So. Cal for weather ref.)

My three replacements just came in.

They are all small, IMO but they are healthy and have mutiple established shootlings AND they arrived 7 days post order date.

I think that would depend primarily on the types of beer you prefer to make...but I got Halletauer, Cascade, and Mt. Hood going in my yard (along with a trial run of Magnum for bittering)

This year I ordered Centenial and Cascade for Ales because I know I like those. And I ordered Mt Hood because I like how it tastes and I ordered some Nuggets for bittering and because I bittered all of my Lagers this winter with Nugget and was delighted with how they turned out.

I ordered late in the year I guess and there wasn't any Hellertau or Noble hops on the store the day I placed my order, but thats ok.

I plan to add a couple more varieties next year

Add me to the freshops fan club. Ordered mine (2 Nugget), and both are sprouting. Very inexpensive as well (shipping for me to PA was under $5). Overall it was a fantastic painless experience.

As for what type of hop to get, if you have the room I'd get at least a good aroma/flavor hop and a good bittering hop. I was locally given some cascade hops so I didn't need another aroma/flavor (I have VERY limited space), so all I needed was a bittering hop. Based on the short descriptions the Nugget variety sounded hard to beat (high yield/vigorous growth, good disease prevention, very high AA content).

HTH

Back