Best place to buy hops in bulk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
I know there is several threads about this but they are very old. I saw an add on here for wholesalehops.com where you can get 1 lb of pelet hops for about $11. Does this seem like a very good deal or are there better deals? Where does everyone buy there hops? I was thinking about getting a bag and trying to find a food saver. If i cant get ahold of one would it be okay to just try and double seal them in ziplock and freeze them away?

I've had good luck with hopsdirect so far. Good service, nice packing, fair shipping and usually include a little extra than the amount your order.

I get my hops from hopsdirect as well, I order a lb of a couple of my usual hops, and get about a quarter lb over in each bag, I will keep using them because I feel like getting a little extra shows they really appreciate my business, like a little thank-you in my bag!

I just placed my second order with hops direct 2 days ago. 5 lbs of delicious hops should be here by Monday and I can't wait!

Hops hops hops, I love hops!

Okay so hopsdirect it is! I was going to place an order today and was wondering about shipping cost? Does anyone know about how much it is if i ordered 1 or 2 lbs? They mark it as TBA but you have to pay before they tell you correct? Ive tried calling but no answer (must be a friday)

I ordered a couple different varieties from Steelers77 also. You can buy in 4 oz incraments so you don't need a full pound of something you don't use often. Prices were great, shipping was fast, and he is a member here. He runs weekly specials also. Check it out in the vendor section.

K placed an order. For me it was $9.35 for 1 lb, 10.61 for 2 lbs, and 11.36 for 3 lbs. shipping to columbus. I purchased 1 lb of hallertau before i called about shipping to my surprise the 90 extra cents for 2 lbs got me to call and have them add 1 lb of Saaz! after shipping ordering 2 lbs comes to $0.94 an oz. (assuming i dont get the extra everyone else seems to get). Def. beats the $2.5 I pay at my LHBS.

Okay so hopsdirect it is! I was going to place an order today and was wondering about shipping cost? Does anyone know about how much it is if i ordered 1 or 2 lbs? They mark it as TBA but you have to pay before they tell you correct? Ive tried calling but no answer (must be a friday)

Their shipping is based on a stepwise system, IIRC, so you pay the same shipping on up to 4 or 5 lbs (can't remember which) as you would on 1, then the same for up to 9 or so lbs as you would on 5, etc.

I think they get you a price quote before you pay, but I can't recall. Last time I ordered it was $8.29 shipping to Virginia for 4 lbs.

I have an order from Hops Direct on the way. About $12 for 4 pounds of hops to Connecticut. Still ends up around a buck an ounce!

The only thing was they didn't have Amarillo pellets, so I got leaf for that one. But then I saw that wholesalehops.com had Amarillo pellets... but I had already ordered the Hops Direct... Doh! Oh well, should work out well enough.

+ 1 Hops Direct

I think it is about $9 shipping for the first lb. and goes up very little for each additional lb. I just got 6 lbs for $72 shipped. $0.75 per oz.

Great place.

ksbrain said:
The only thing was they didn't have Amarillo pellets, so I got leaf for that one.
I got a pound of amarillo pellets when I ordered 2 weeks ago, its in the freezer right now.

Everything about hopsdirect is great. They are so friendly and helpful when you talk to them on the phone. UPS once lost my hops shipment for a few days (their status said it had been delivered to my front porch but it was not) and hopsdirect was very helpful. They kindly offered to reship and use USPS next time instead. But luckily my shipment mysteriously appeared at my house about 3 days after UPS said it had been delivered.

Yeah
hops direct dominates
expect to pay about $10 for shipping. It's weird how it doesn't tell you how much until you've ordered, but you can't go wrong with them.

i've been using Hopsdirect for years...great service,great product..i've also used the cheaphops from this board....great service there too..

Back