best place for used ball lock corny purchase

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HausBrauerei_Harvey

Reaction score
I'm looking to get 4 more used ball lock (not the reconditioned pin lock) corneys for my keezer setup. I have seen a few places which have 'deals' for when you buy that quantity, but they are not in stock anymore. Does anyone have any recommended places to buy corney's?

Thanks!

I'm looking to get 4 more used ball lock (not the reconditioned pin lock) corneys for my keezer setup. I have seen a few places which have 'deals' for when you buy that quantity, but they are not in stock anymore. Does anyone have any recommended places to buy corney's?

Thanks!
I would vote for Kegconnection.com , but I am highly biased:)
We do have used ball locks in stock and also have a sale at the moment on new ball locks. Due to the extreme difficulty in finding ball locks, the new ones are not that much more then the used ones.

Adventures in Home Brewing. http://www.homebrewing.org/Home-Brew-Kegs_c_223.html

They probably have the best prices around and ship fast/cheap. Check out their "loose handle" kegs. A little Gorilla Glue and they're good as new! If I need kegs, I check craigslist first, then AHB. I usually end up buying from them though.

I've bought 6 used kegs from them and only had an issue with one. They paid return shipping and sent me a new one as soon as they got the return. I think shipping cost me $12 to Illinois from Michigan when I buy from them. Not bad!

They've got tons too! I called and asked, and the guy told me they've got more than he would ever want to count...

I would vote for Kegconnection.com , but I am highly biased:)
We do have used ball locks in stock and also have a sale at the moment on new ball locks. Due to the extreme difficulty in finding ball locks, the new ones are not that much more then the used ones.
Out of curiosity, what type of dip-tube do the AEB kegs have? Straight or with elbow? If with elbow, does the top have "ears" to keep the dip tube from spinning when tightening the post?

Given the prices for used BL kegs, I'd go with one of these at this point: https://bvrgelements.com/product/NEW-5-Gallon-Keg-Ball-Lock/

I bought a bunch of used BL kegs from them back when they were reasonably priced. Great customer service.

Hey KC beersnob: I agree I am happy paying $20 more for a new keg, but I heard some of these 'cheap' new ones are a POS, and likely leak at some of the welds, can you comment on the quality of those?

Thanks!
Steve

Hey KC beersnob: I agree I am happy paying $20 more for a new keg, but I heard some of these 'cheap' new ones are a POS, and likely leak at some of the welds, can you comment on the quality of those?

Thanks!
Steve

I actually just noticed this is not one of the high quality ones made in Italy. This one is made in India. I would be cautious too.

Adventures in Home Brewing. http://www.homebrewing.org/Home-Brew-Kegs_c_223.html

They probably have the best prices around and ship fast/cheap. Check out their "loose handle" kegs. A little Gorilla Glue and they're good as new! If I need kegs, I check craigslist first, then AHB. I usually end up buying from them though.

I've bought 6 used kegs from them and only had an issue with one. They paid return shipping and sent me a new one as soon as they got the return. I think shipping cost me $12 to Illinois from Michigan when I buy from them. Not bad!

They've got tons too! I called and asked, and the guy told me they've got more than he would ever want to count...

I have had great luck with AHA's kegs myself. I have over 20 of them (5 years ago I could get 4 shipped to me in Vermont for about $100; those days are long gone). I needed to clean them up, and they aren't all pretty, but I don't look at them in the kegorator. I have never had an issue.

Back