Best News Headlines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny - you'd think that in a place like Cashburn, you'd be insulated from such common low-lifes...
it's surrounded by shitholes Sterling (oh, hey! look where Grog lives!) & Leesburg, where the low-lifes live, people in Cashburn aren't rich enough to live in western Loudoun

& Ashburn is getting shitholier by the day

Last edited:
it's surrounded by shitholes Sterling (oh, hey! look where Grog lives!) & Leesburg, where the low-lifes live, people in Cashburn aren't rich enough to live in western Loudoun

& Ashburn is getting shitholier by the day
lol. it's been 5 years since i left the DMV so i'm outta date on where the fancy people do and don't live these days... my first gig outta grad school was at AOL in Sterling, commuted there from downtown DC for over a year. got to know the area a bit, did an annual clothes-shopping trip to Leesburg. impressive what all those cow fields have become...

47 wineries, 28 breweries in Loudoun. plus distilleries, cideries & meaderies. only missing an absinthery & a sakagura

lol. it's been 5 years since i left the DMV so i'm outta date on where the fancy people do and don't live these days... my first gig outta grad school was at AOL in Sterling, commuted there from downtown DC for over a year. got to know the area a bit, did an annual clothes-shopping trip to Leesburg. impressive what all those cow fields have become...

1657902909968.png

73 years old.

"Hey Grandma, go fishin' with me! It'll be fresh air, sea spray, and make you feel good all over!"
Hubby and I went out for Marlin or swordfish while visiting the Big Island HI some years back. While lamenting over some beer at happy hour, that we just went for a very nice boat ride as there wasn’t even a nibble, two minutes later the news reported a man was impaled in the chest by one of those fish… 🙁 I think he died. We were less sad about not landing one of those delicious spear faced bruisers.

Move over Florida Man, meet Florida fish. Woman on fishing boat off Florida coast stabbed by 100-pound fish

Not only stabbed, but stabbed in the groin.😟
Fish was just trying to live, and way more of our species than of them. I'm fine with fishing if that is what you got to do to feed oneself or make a living. Or relaxing outside by water and bringing home a dinner, I do that sometimes, but stop when I've got enough for the next meal.

But some of this "sport" fishing is equivalent of shooting wild animals on African savanna trophy hunting.

Yeah, justify it 'cause some human might get fed the meat, when pleasure was takin in the "hunt".

Hope the lady gets better, but I'm not a fan of "sport" fishing for apex fish.

Two opposing responses come to mind:
"Everyone hates it when it happens to you"
or
"How would you know if it happened?" (yes, mandatory infantile Jr High School size joke; you're welcome, internet)

Prep is an interesting exercise in explosive decompression, but over the last few years the anesthesia has progressed from Versa-something/Demerol to Prophen-something, which makes waking up much more like a light switch flipping than swimming interminably up through the seaweed festooned consciousness for half an hour.

Umm....Ok?

I've been 'scoped twice, both under Versed, and yeah, snapping out of that haze takes some time.
I imagine the "Prophen-something" might be Propofol.
I'm over-due for another session, maybe I'll get that this time.
Prep is never fun. I tried avoiding food the day before but it didn't really help cut the cramping that much...

Cheers!

Umm....Ok?

I've been 'scoped twice, both under Versed, and yeah, snapping out of that haze takes some time.
I imagine the "Prophen-something" might be Propofol.
I'm over-due for another session, maybe I'll get that this time.
Prep is never fun. I tried avoiding food the day before but it didn't really help cut the cramping that much...

Cheers!
You should try the crap in a box system. No hospital, etc. All done at home!

Back