Best mill for the $ and online grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abracadabra

Reaction score
Just Brew It the LHBS on the south side of Atlanta, Ga. just closed up shop due to a medical emergency. The sign on the door & answering machine says he hopes to reopen in 2 weeks and to call before coming back.

No mention of when that 2 week shutdown began so there is no telling when he'll be back. And the hope part in not a good sign.

Anyway it looks like I'll need to start getting my supplies online and probably have to start milling it myself.

What's a good mill and who has good grain online.

Thanks for the input

tony

FYI - you can buy grain online that's already been milled. www.austinhomebrew.com doesn't charge extra for milling and the shipping is a flat $6, regardless of what you order. That may be a good alternative until you see if your LHBS opens up again - hopefully it will.

Barley Crusher and CrankandStein seem to be the mills of choice. Barley Crusher is a little cheaper

abracadabra said:
Just Brew It the LHBS on the south side of Atlanta, Ga. just closed up shop due to a medical emergency. The sign on the door & answering machine says he hopes to reopen in 2 weeks and to call before coming back.

No mention of when that 2 week shutdown began so there is no telling when he'll be back. And the hope part in not a good sign.

Anyway it looks like I'll need to start getting my supplies online and probably have to start milling it myself.

What's a good mill and who has good grain online.

Thanks for the input

tony

Plus he will be closed all of May and into June.

Tony, I have a Crankanstien and it does a great job, also one of the great things about being in the Atlanta area is that you can pick it up yourself and save on shipping....

Back