Best kegging system on Amazon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kharper6

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have $150 of Amazon credit.

What is the best kegging system I can buy on there for under $250?

For the money, this seems ridiculously well priced :

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005K0FAF0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

The system from the same company with only ONE keg is over $200.

Can I use that regulator with ONE keg or will i have to have both attached/full to use it?

I will not be drilling holes in my fridge, just using a picnic tap.

Any other recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a pretty good deal to me depending on shipping charges. Off the top of my head all the components separately would be about the same price if bought locally, maybe a bit more and no shipping.

To answer your question, yes, you can simply run one keg off that, all you do is just keep the other shut off valve closed. Keep in mind, that regulator will control two kegs at the same pressure, you have no individual control over different serving pressures.

That looks like a good deal - as for the two outlets, that's a single regulator with a Y to split it to 2 kegs. If you only need 1, you could delete the Y or install a shut off if there isn't one there already.

Could also use the other to carb a 2nd keg.

I recommend that you look into the seller "Kegconnection", and their kits, on Amazon. They are a sponsor of homebrewtalk, and I've bought my kegging gear through them because of the price, and customer reviews. They are your best bet, especially on Amazon, so check them out.

The Kegco package mentioned, in your post, has quite a few negative reviews because of leaking picnic taps, leaking kegs, and missing or different parts. The seller seems unreliable.

If you're buying a new co2 tank, from whoever, it will be shipped empty. You will then have to have it filled, or swapped for a used one, at a welding, or paintball shop. I suggest you find a used co2 tank on craigslist, and buy all the other gear new on amazon.

I recommend that you look into the seller "Kegconnection", and their kits, on Amazon. They are a sponsor of homebrewtalk, and I've bought my kegging gear through them because of the price, and customer reviews. They are your best bet, especially on Amazon, so check them out.

The Kegco package mentioned, in your post, has quite a few negative reviews because of leaking picnic taps, leaking kegs, and missing or different parts. The seller seems unreliable.

If you're buying a new co2 tank, from whoever, it will be shipped empty. You will then have to have it filled, or swapped for a used one, at a welding, or paintball shop. I suggest you find a used co2 tank on craigslist, and buy all the other gear new on amazon.

I have located a few CO2 tanks on craigslist but I'm worried that when I buy it and take it to get it filled it will not "Pass" and they will be forced by law to keep it and I will be out $30-40 anyways!

Any words of advice on this? I really don't mind doing it except for that fact.

I bought that kit. I had trouble with the regulator. I emailed after midnight, midday I got a reply that they were sending an upgraded one. I got the new one three days later. I have added another keg to the system. I am satisfied, but will be putting taps through the door as soon as I can afford to.

On a scale of one to five I would give the transaction a 4, and the equipment a 3.

I bought that kit. I had trouble with the regulator. I emailed after midnight, midday I got a reply that they were sending an upgraded one. I got the new one three days later. I have added another keg to the system. I am satisfied, but will be putting taps through the door as soon as I can afford to.

On a scale of one to five I would give the transaction a 4, and the equipment a 3.

Do you think I will be okay for a while with the upgraded regulator?

I live in an apartment and I am limited on space, modifying my fridges door was hard enough on my time restraint much less taking the time to drill a big hole in it. I'm perfectly fine with the picnic faucet for now.

I have located a few CO2 tanks on craigslist but I'm worried that when I buy it and take it to get it filled it will not "Pass" and they will be forced by law to keep it and I will be out $30-40 anyways!

Any words of advice on this? I really don't mind doing it except for that fact.

Make sure to ask the sellers, if the tank has been filled in the last 5-10 years. If yes, more than likely it will pass.

Another thing to consider, is most welding places like Airgas, or West air, might not take Pepsi or Coke Co2 tanks. But, those are usually the 20# tanks. It should be easy to tell, by the stamps on the neck. However, some people will paint over the tank, so buyer beware.

Back