Best Keg Wrench Evah!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
I cleaned 13 kegs today and pulled the posts & dip tubes off each one for a separate soak.

This is the tool to have when you have lots of keg posts to remove and put back on later. I have kegs with both sizes of posts (11/16 and 7/8) and this puppy has both and ratchets. It made the chore a snap. Because it's unique, SWMBO knows never to mess with it and it's always where I can find it when I need it. My other wrenches dedicated to the job always wandered off.

KegWrench.jpg

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00942165000P

Craftsman 11/16 x 7/8 in. Wrench, Ratcheting Box-End
| Sears Item# 00942165000 | Model# 42165

Yep. I got sick of using anything else and gladly paid shipping to have that sent to me since I couldn't find it local.

It's definitely handy. I bought one a few years ago based on a HBT recommendation.

Keep it lightly oiled between uses as it tends to rust more easily than my other chrome-vanadium tools.

Yeah that is definitely the best keg tool out there. Mine is offset...

I was going to buy that wrench until I went to Target and found a set of 4 or 5 that included that same exact size wrench. They aren't Craftsman, so they aren't guaranteed for life, but the set costs me less than that one wrench.

I was feeling pretty excited that I found this wrench for the same purpose on my own and was going to post something about it here, but I see, as usual, HBT has already covered this. Great wrench. Makes cleaning kegs way easier. It's a vast improvement from the adjustable wrench I was using which could only turn the post less than a quarter turn at a time, and frequently slipped off.

Thank you for this. I just placed an order. I have a gas post on one of my kegs that is the annoying star shape that I just stare at wondering how in the hell I am going to take that post off.

I cleaned 13 kegs today and pulled the posts & dip tubes off each one for a separate soak.

This is the tool to have when you have lots of keg posts to remove and put back on later. I have kegs with both sizes of posts (11/16 and 7/8) and this puppy has both and ratchets. It made the chore a snap. Because it's unique, SWMBO knows never to mess with it and it's always where I can find it when I need it. My other wrenches dedicated to the job always wandered off.

KegWrench.jpg

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00942165000P

Craftsman 11/16 x 7/8 in. Wrench, Ratcheting Box-End
| Sears Item# 00942165000 | Model# 42165

I've been meaning to come and thank you EdWort. I picked one of these up when I started kegging and it is great.

Latest posts

Back