Best Hop Packaging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apoxbrew

Reaction score
Opinions on which online retailer has the best pellet hop packaging?

A friend had some hops from morebeer.com and the bag was way heavier duty than the bags from some other online vendors (from which he also had some hops).

Just wondering what y'all think about the current hop packaging of the online vendors.

Thanks!

I have ordered from Austin a couple times and was pretty impressed with their packaging... pretty impressed with them all around, to be honest.

Weigh the package. If it equals the weight published you are OK. If it weighs less find another supplier. If it weighs more consider it a gift and hope that is the usual from them and order more.

edit: If it weighs more that expected make sure it is all hops in there!

thanks wailing.

kh5 - i was talking more about the packaging itself... not the hops inside them. so i meant that like morebeer seems to have really nice, heavy gauge packaging while some others use a thinner packaging material.

perhaps this doesn't matter when it comes to mylar... but i was impressed with morebeer and was just wondering about others with similar packaging.

Weigh the package. If it equals the weight published you are OK. If it weighs less find another supplier. If it weighs more consider it a gift and hope that is the usual from them and order more.

edit: If it weighs more that expected make sure it is all hops in there!

thats why I always order from hops direct. I have never got any pounds under 18 ounches from them. I have received some pounds weighing 20 oz.:rockin:

I've been happy with Brewmaster's Warehouse. I don't order in bulk but as part of my recipes they vacuum pack in foil and then pack that bag in a heavy duty plastic bag.

Back