Best Friend Holiday Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

indios40

Reaction score
Max's Hoppy Holiday Ale

9.5 lbs of Briess Light Lme
1 lb Crystal 80L
1/2 lb Americam Munich
1/4 lb of crystal 120L

1 oz Chinook @ 60 min
1 oz Centennial @ 10 min
1 oz cascade @ 10 mion

1 oz Chinook Dry Hoip
1 oz centennial Dry Hop
1 oz Cascade Dry Hop

1 Tsp Irish Moss @ 15 min

1 vial WLP001 Californoia Ale Yeast

OG @ 1.065

Tried to mimic SN Celebration Ale somewhat. Brewed in honor of SWMBO departed black cocker spaniel Max who loved beer, especially craft beer with a hop presence.

;\

OP
OP
I

indios40

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, seems to be fermenting nicely 50-60 bubbles in airlock per minute. Will let all know how it's going.

OP
OP
I

indios40

Reaction score
Been extremely busy (like whom isn't), wanted to fill in the time with the latest on this recipe. Racked to secondary on 10/23 and dry hopped with 1 oz each of Chinook,Centennial, and Cascade (pellet). Bottled today and even flat the sample which finished @ 1.014 had a decent malt backbone with a definite hoppy, citrusy nose and taste. Can't wait to sample in 2-3 weeks with friends and family!

Max definetly would have approved! I will raise a glass in your honor!

OP
OP
I

indios40

Reaction score
Sampled one last night and gotta say it's carbing up nicely. Poured a dark tan color and had a very pronounced maltly upfront taste with hints of caramel and tofee. Definite hop presence in both aroma and taste the tripl C hops come through nicely and finish great. Gotta say this a a really good tasting beer and can't wait for it to obatin a few more weeks on it. Should be really ready by Thanksgiving or around first of December.

Next up my take on Moose Drool Brown Ale.