Best extract only recipe for an all grain guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackAlley

Reaction score
Ok,

I've got bock lagering, blueberry berliner souring, American red fermenting and another batch of American red and an IPA on deck. But, between Christmas, gifts and wife volunteering one of the reds for her office party it's all spoken for and I have nothing to drink until the holidays.

Can anyone recommend a good extract only that I can whip off in a couple of hours for me to drink?

Not real exciting, but a hefeweizen (or an American wheat) is the first thing that comes to my mind. Most wheat extracts are 60% wheat 40% pale, or maybe 65% and 35%, and you don't have to mess with a protein rest or a 90 min boil. Just add enough extract to reach your target OG, noble hops at 60 min. to reach 15 IBUs +/-, and done.

Agreed...for extract-only (no steeping), wheat is good.
You could also look at the Briess Munich extract or NB or Williams Rye extract.

Focus on your hops and yeast...it will be good.

I second the hefe, just make sure you do most of the extract as a late addition. You can also get the 100% MO LME from Northern Brewer and do a SMaSH pale ale or IPA with your hope of choice. Easy brewing and quick turnaround regardless.

Latest posts

Back