Best Deal on a Keg Kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fid

Reaction score
Hey all,

First time poster here but I've digging through the forums for a couple months now and I'm hooked on this place. So, First off.... hello everyone!

Secondly, and most importantly, I'm about to start a keezer project (whenever i can find a cheap freezer on craigslist that doesn't get snatched up before I get to it) and was wondering if anyone has stumbled across any good deals on keg kits anywhere. I'm looking to start my set up with 2 kegs and I'll be popping a collar on the freezer so I'm looking for a kit with shanks rather than a tower. No preference on Ball Lock vs Pin Lock.

Keg Connection has the best deal I've seen so far, especially with the free shipping promo they are running right now:

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=430

Anyone come across a better deal?

Cheers! :mug:

Yes sir! Free shipping on orders over $100 Promo code is USA2010 ... Patriotic bunch over there at keg connection i guess :p

1 Faucet Tower Homebrew Kit, Standard Kit, BALL LOCK ordered with free shipping!

Seems like that place does have the best deals when Ive been looking around. Especially with the free shipping deal.

Bit the bullet and just placed my order through keg connection. 2 keg set up for $225 out the door. Not gonna lie... I'm a little bit excited!

Tough to beat the deals at kegconnection. Especially when they offer free shipping!

They shipped mine the next morning after I ordered which is the way it should be. So far I like this place :)

Did you get your setup done Fid? I got my system today and just got finished hooking it up.
Kegerator.jpg

KegeratorInside.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

Awesome! Looks great and that was f-ing fast! My shipment is slated to show up on Monday. After a month of hunting I finally secured a freezer off Craigslist. Not sure the size but I can definately get 3 maybe 4 kegs on the floor of it which I'm pumped about as it gives me room for some extra taps down the road. Gonna brew a batch this weekend in anticipation for my gear to arrive. My thanksgiving is going to be spent assembling the beast. I'll keep you posted.

Ordered a 2 keg kit on monday, should be delivered today. It just so happens I have 10 gallons that are ready to bottle (NOT!) keg:fro: this weekend.:ban::tank::drunk:

Nice ant wait to see! Ya it shipped Friday and I got it Wednesday. The keg is in good shape which is a plus. Everything came reassembled and now they thread the adapters so you can easily switch between ball and pin lock.

Post pics when you get it all set up Allsup!

Wow $134 for a one keg kit shipped.

My LHBS wanted $89 for a CO2 canister alone (overpriced, but still).

Thanks for the heads up, this is a better price than anywhere I've researched so far. I'll probably bite soon.

Looking good. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Did you get the "B" grade kegs because mine was in good shape. Maybe I just got lucky though. I dont know why I posted the same picture twice but I put up a few more.

Hey all,

First time poster here but I've digging through the forums for a couple months now and I'm hooked on this place. So, First off.... hello everyone!

Secondly, and most importantly, I'm about to start a keezer project (whenever i can find a cheap freezer on craigslist that doesn't get snatched up before I get to it) and was wondering if anyone has stumbled across any good deals on keg kits anywhere. I'm looking to start my set up with 2 kegs and I'll be popping a collar on the freezer so I'm looking for a kit with shanks rather than a tower. No preference on Ball Lock vs Pin Lock.

Keg Connection has the best deal I've seen so far, especially with the free shipping promo they are running right now:

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=430

Anyone come across a better deal?

Cheers! :mug:

Price is right, shipping right but Pin Lock kegs no thanks rather have Ball Locks kegs they are more common plus keep your system all the same vs mixing Ball and Pin Locks a PITA. My one Pin Lock is for sanitizer solutions only I can never mix it up with Ball Locks.

Price is right, shipping right but Pin Lock kegs no thanks rather have Ball Locks kegs they are more common plus keep your system all the same vs mixing Ball and Pin Locks a PITA. My one Pin Lock is for sanitizer solutions only I can never mix it up with Ball Locks.

Well keg connection just started shipping their orders with screw-on connectors so you can switch between ball and pin just by screwing on the connections :ban:.

I was thinking of the keg fitting swap this additional cost alone would price the pin lock corny conversion higher than day to day ball lock keg prices.
To have a mix of gas in manifold liquid out connections Pin and Ball inthe keezer would be a PITA mistake just from saving a buck or two JMO.

Back