Best Craft Beer Art - Help Please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWeeb

Reaction score
Greetings!

A friend and I are writing a book on craft beer art, not a book on beer labels, but one that will explore the great art that is produced in conjunction with the production of great beer, that yes, usually ends up on labels. I am thinking art like the Hunter S Thompson inspired labels of Flying Dog, the great watercolors of New Belgium, the religious overtones of Avery. What craft breweries have the best art? Why? What did it say to you? Did it enhance the experience of consuming the brew?

Also, if you have any great art craft brew stories, or have done art for craft breweries, or know of someone who has, post or PM, I'd like to know more and perhaps set up an interview for the book.

Many thanks!
John

Go to new belgium and talk to any employee there. You'll get all the story you need and a great beer.

Go to new belgium and talk to any employee there. You'll get all the story you need and a great beer.

I am sure it is a great story, but what of others? The plan is to include as many as possible, limited to the US, with some kind of small back story on each.

Thanks!

Greetings!

A friend and I are writing a book on craft beer art, not a book on beer labels, but one that will explore the great art that is produced in conjunction with the production of great beer, that yes, usually ends up on labels. I am thinking art like the Hunter S Thompson inspired labels of Flying Dog, the great watercolors of New Belgium, the religious overtones of Avery. What craft breweries have the best art? Why? What did it say to you? Did it enhance the experience of consuming the brew?

Also, if you have any great art craft brew stories, or have done art for craft breweries, or know of someone who has, post or PM, I'd like to know more and perhaps set up an interview for the book.

Many thanks!
John

Look no further than Three Floyds in Munster, IN. There is a lot going in their packaging and nearly every beer they brew has a character associated with it. Alot of it is inspired by history, folklore, and even tatoo artistry. I highly recommend covering them as you could probably do a whole book on that brewery alone.

Back