Best/cheapest place to get camlock fittings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htims05

Reaction score
I have like 1 or two fittings I need..bet place to get them that doesn’t cost the same amount in shipping??

I purchased 10 camlock fittings of various configurations for $30 on AliExpress. Quality might not be as high as others but they were cheap. I plan on polishing the wings a little to make them easier to close, then brewing this weekend.

I had a spreadsheet running with different prices, bargin fittings and proflow dynamics (with the homebrewfinds affliate link and discount code) were the cheapest by ~$25 just for enough fittings to connect a pump.

fwiw, there does not appear to be a hard standard for 1/2" camlock fittings and there have been reports on occasion that one brand doesn't play well with other brands. I'd be a bit cautious about random sourcing...

Cheers!

fwiw, there does not appear to be a hard standard for 1/2" camlock fittings and there have been reports on occasion that one brand doesn't play well with other brands. I'd be a bit cautious about random sourcing...

Cheers!

+1. I've had mixed experiences with swapping between different sources. Luckily, everything was workable, but definitely not ideal. Bargain Fittings has become my go to and I've been happy with their stuff.

Cheers!

I've heard the opposite on that, but I have a couple of camlocks that seem to require both hands to connect while others are easily connected with one.

I've thought about going to ball locks, and read they don't play as well if random sourced like camlocks do. If it's the other way around as you indicate, that will push me to make the change even more.

I like my cam locks, but they see more cumbersome than working a ball lock connection.

Cheers!

While waiting on my AliExpress cam locks, I ordered silicone gaskets through Amazon. The silicone gaskets are way too small for my male cam locks. It appears sizes are not "standard".

I've heard the opposite on that[...]

"Opposite" of what?

As I did not make any mention whatsoever wrt ball lock connectors, the "opposite" of my comment would be "all camlock fittings regardless of manufacture always fit perfectly".

And that isn't true, by your own observations...

Cheers!

"Opposite" of what?
If you watch the connections video from brewhardware (it's on the home page), Bobby says camlocks from different places are generally compatible but BLQD may not be.

Personally I love my BLQDs and get them exclusively from brewhardware. They offer a lot of purpose-built items that aren't available anywhere else.
So, I really can't speak to compatibility across different sources myself.

"Opposite" of what?

As I did not make any mention whatsoever wrt ball lock connectors, the "opposite" of my comment would be "all camlock fittings regardless of manufacture always fit perfectly".

And that isn't true, by your own observations...

Cheers!

No you did not mention that. My apologies if you thought I was insinuating you said that. That wasn't my intent.

RPh Guy beat me to it. Cam locks seem to be, according to connections video from brew hardware, more compatible with each other than ball locks. I think 'mil spec' was the term used in the video. I have a couple of cam locks that do not play well together that were bought from different suppliers.

Maybe ball locks are worse, maybe not. I don't have any so I don't know, but I like how they are easier to work one handed as opposed to my cam locks.

Back