New York Best Breweries in Finger Lakes NY?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max384

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to be going to the Finger Lakes region for some wine tours this weekend. While there, I'd like to stop into a brewery or two.

It seems as though there are many breweries in the area. Can anyone recommend good ones?

We'll be staying in the Geneva area.

Thanks

Upstate Brewing in Elmira is supposed to be very good from what I've heard. I've not been there though, my nephew( whose opinion I trust), has and really likes it.r

Oh, I forgot about RoosterFish in Watkins Glen. I've been there a few times (though not in the past 5 years), and always enjoyed their beers. Good food in their restaurant too.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

I went to Rooster Fish, which is okay. Not bad, but not great either. Meh.

Then I went to Seneca Lake Brewing Company. What a great time! I was talking beer and brewing with the brewmaster and owner for over an hour. Their beer was great! I generally don't care for cask ales, as I prefer my beers more highly carbed and colder, but I loved their beer. I ended up behind the bar with the brewmaster George pouring beers at some point...

FB_IMG_1488749675275.jpg

FB_IMG_1488749685671-XL.jpg

The next day we went to Bottomless Brewing, which was great! Their brewery and tasting room is in a large quonset hut type of building, which made for a really cool atmosphere. Their beers were great to boot!

20170304_120449-X2.jpg

Then we went to Wagner Brewery/Winery. Meh. Big place with a more corporate feel. Beer was okay. Not very impressed.

Lastly we went to Climbing Bines. They are a brewery and hop farm. Small tasting room. Great beer! Will definitely come back.

These were in addition to a LOT of wineries. We explored on our own on Friday on our way up. On Saturday we had a driver to take us around. I can't stress how GREAT this was. We could drink as much as we wanted without worrying about driving, and the driver had a bunch of great suggestions based on the type of wine we like to drink.

I've got to give a shout out to Zugibe Vineyards.

Back