Best Brew Structure & Brew Pots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaloAltoMark

Reaction score
Hi Folks:

I'm planning on purchasing a brew structure and brew pots to all grain brewing in 5 gallon batches. I've been looking at the Blichmann tower system with 10 and 15 gallon pots. (See link: TherminatorTM Stainless Plate Type Wort Chiller )

The blichmann pots are very nice to look at but are they really better?
Any other brands you recommend would be appreciated. I am looking for a vertical system to save space.

Thanks.

-Mark

I saw this brew structure in person at my LHBS, rebelbrewer.com. It is a lot more sturdy than I would have thought. If you are getting ready to buy I would give the guys at rebelbrewer.com a shout. They have a cooler HLT set-up with a fly sparge system that looked really cool.

While the Blichmann kettles are real shiny and high on the bling factor scale, I was disappointed to learn that all of the port fittings are of the weldless variety. They are also on the thin side. Kind of pricey too. I do, however, like the unique Blichmann false bottom design.

I have a 10g blichmann boilermaker and I love it! I use it as an MLT and BK and it does a fantastic job.

Back