Best beginners guide -Book Recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vensik

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been brewing beers and ciders for a little over a year, but most of my knowledge has been pieced together here on the forums or when I notice a problem and want to fix it. I brew mostly partial grain and am just moving from kits to buying the ingredients I know I want and experimenting.

All that being said, I have a long business flight coming up and would love to download a book on the ipad and get a more thorough knowledge of everything from alpha in hops to a full coverage of the basics in bouls and recipes.

Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Designing Great Beers - Daniels
IPA - Steele
Yeast - Zainesheff and White

"How to Brew" by John Palmer is a great book for beginners.

I also agree with the above.. "Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation" by Zainasheff and White is a great read.

Thanks guys! I will look into loading them up for the 6 hour flight tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Palmer's how to brew, but be aware of the fact that even though he hasn't released a new revision recently, he has changed his views on some things - particularly the water information!

Back