Best beers available in Wisconsin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright folks, thanks sincerely for your help, went to Discount Liquor and here's my catch: New Glarus - Wisconsin red, raspberry tart, serendipity, spotted cow, Enigma, Scream IIPA, Apple Ale, Berliner Weisse. Toppling Goliath - Pseudo Sue, Pompeii, Light Speed. Surely Furious. Alesmith Speedway Stout. Epic Big Bad Baptist. 3 Floyds Dreadnaught. Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree. Bells Neptune. Destihl Here Gose Nothin. Dieu du Ciel Aphrodite.

I only wish I was able to bring back more of the New Glarus fruit beers bc they're fantastic. Also, pseudo sue, holy ****, so good, if I could go back in time and buy two cases and a cooler from Wal-Mart to check as baggage, I totally would, outstanding

Went to New Glarus too, what an impressive experience as a beer tourist. Moon man was pretty good. And I know I'm gonna offend some people here, but I didn't really care for spotted cow

Alright folks, thanks sincerely for your help, went to Discount Liquor and here's my catch: New Glarus - Wisconsin red, raspberry tart, serendipity, spotted cow, Enigma, Scream IIPA, Apple Ale, Berliner Weisse. Toppling Goliath - Pseudo Sue, Pompeii, Light Speed. Surely Furious. Alesmith Speedway Stout. Epic Big Bad Baptist. 3 Floyds Dreadnaught. Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree. Bells Neptune. Destihl Here Gose Nothin. Dieu du Ciel Aphrodite.

Did you get a case of each, or just a 12-pack of each?

125.jpg

Not just the best in Wisconsin. The best anywhere. Best in the world.

/but seriously New Glarus was excellent across the board

125.jpg

Not just the best in Wisconsin. The best anywhere. Best in the world.

/but seriously New Glarus was excellent across the board

Wow that was the only beer in college that did not disappear when I told the roommates to enjoy. 8.99 a 30 pack if I remember. Granted it was not keystone so it had a kick...

Spotted Cow is pretty good. I brew a clone, mashing the grains about 154° to 156°F. Side-by-side tastings at my favorite hang out, the tasters preferred the lower ABV and increased body of my version, not following recipe, of Speckled Heifer.

Every beer is a journey to develop what your palate really likes.

Spotted Cow is pretty good. I brew a clone, mashing the grains about 154° to 156°F. Side-by-side tastings at my favorite hang out, the tasters preferred the lower ABV and increased body of my version, not following recipe, of Speckled Heifer.

Every beer is a journey to develop what your palate really likes.

I guess I don't really care for cream ales that much. To me, they pretty much taste like @$$

Also, pseudo sue, holy ****, so good, if I could go back in time and buy two cases and a cooler from Wal-Mart to check as baggage, I totally would, outstanding

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifes...ling-goliath-iowa-20150722-column.html#page=1

Toppling Goliath has been rated as one of the top breweries across the board from several of the online sites like BeerAdvocate and Beer Citizen. One of my favorites. The Golden Nugget is really good, as well as the Pseudo Sue you tried. They talk about expanding their distribution soon, and expanding the local brewery in Iowa.

I have been to the tap room when in town for a fishing trip, they are known for their fly fishing in the river that cuts through town, and I believe there is a trout hatchery nearby. It has been a while, but there was a BBQ joint in the little town center that was good, as well.

This link won't let me read the article, it wants to subscribe

Weird, I get right in. I have no subscription. Try using Chrome instead of IE?

They talk about the stout that is aged in bourbon barrels. I'll be going through that area in the fall on a weekend fishing excursion so I am hoping to get to try that. Last time through, I got several of the 22(?)/24oz bottles of the IPAs.

Try Central Waters "Horseshoes and Hand Grenades" (Citra APA) if you see it. They also have Bourbon Barrel Stout and Bourbon Barrel Cherry still on shelves if you are lucky. I have not seen any Barleywine in a while but snag it if you do! O'so also has some great beers, and just came out with a few "1 offs" that have some limited distro. Thumbprints from New Glarus..Velveteen Habit from Ale Asylum..You won't go wrong with Central Waters, New Glarus, or O'so brewing either way!

Latest posts

Back