Best Beer day ever without brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisbarnes5000

Reaction score
I got my inline water filter to work without leaks. And I got my frist hop sprout. Yea!! :ban: Now if the weather would clear up here in Washington I am gonna brew!:mug:

Yeah it's exciting to get all your ducks in a row in preparation to brew. I need to replace my water filter this week to get ready for spring brewing. My second year hops are starting to climb already. Especially the Centennials.What do you plan to brew first?

I just use a kitchen faucet filter for my water. Glad to hear yours are headed skyward. All but one of mine are up and going. Now if the dang w/x will cooperate!

This rain is killing me and not doing much for my hops. Well it could be worse as my neighbor says... they are still getting the white stuff in other places.

So what are you planning on brewing? is it a local kit or a recipe you put together/?

I have been using a unfiltered kitchen faucet until now. I just decided that it was time to get a filter. It is amazing the difference in the amount of chlorine taste in my water.
I know, I just talked to some coworkers in Spokane they said they have three foot mounds of snow still.
What to brew next? I don't know. I have been doing recipies from the LHBS. By the way Fdx they have a Irish Red recipie that the owners Dad made. I am about to finish the keg and it is good. But, I am working my way through "designing great beers" so I would ike to try something else. I also started (again) doing all grain. Any suggestions?

Haven't made the jump to all grain. I've done their, Altbier (great), Heff and just kegged the ESB. I did a version of an online M&J that I'm drinking now. Not quite what I wanted, so will make aterations to the recipe and try again. But as the winter is over, I can't control the temp in the house the way I need to brew anymore this spring. I'll have to either brew in the fall or get a freezer and controller to regulate the ferm temps.

No suggestions, I'm still trying to learn as much as I can. Trying all kinds of varieties and knowing what I like. I plan on brewing a better Alt in the fall. I'll make my version of a M&J.

I've got Hallertaur, Cascades, Centenials and Nuggets sprouting (first year). Only one of the nuggets remains to show it's self.

So when is the next sale going on Freezers... I've got a hankering to brew again.... =)

I forgot to add that I also got a floating thermometer. No more using four dial thermometers and getting a temp range of 40 degrees.

And Fdx go ahead and brew this summer. I brew the last two summers with no problem. If you get a slightly higher fermentation temp then so be it. If it gets too warm just put your fermenter in a pan with some water and drap a damp towel or t-shirt around it. That works a treat. Point being don't let the weather be the boss of you.

Back