Best and Worst zombie movie ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donthoseme

Reaction score
As the title says. What is the best and what is the worst that you have ever seen.

Best - Dawn of the Dead (1978)

Worst - Living a Zombie Dream This is one hour of the absolute worst movie i have ever seen in my entire life. Home movie quallity with horrible plot, special effects, directing, sound, gore, acting. It is all in the all most horrible worst piece i have ever seen in my entire life. Please rent this movie so you can better appreciate every other movie ever created.

Dawn & Day of the Dead are my two favorites, I prefer the originals but the new ones are good too. There have been a lot of low production value zombie movies but I haven't not enjoyed any I have seen.

I also liked the Resident Evil movies and they are a close second on my list.

Left4Dead is also my favorite Zombie video game.

SRSLY...Day of the Dead was a terrible movie. Absolutely terrible. I loved it, but it was godawful.

I don't know what my favorite is...I like the comedies...

Return of the Living Dead, Shaun of the Dead, FIDO, stuff like that...

SRSLY...Day of the Dead was a terrible movie. Absolutely terrible. I loved it, but it was godawful.

I don't know what my favorite is...I like the comedies...

Return of the Living Dead, Shaun of the Dead, FIDO, stuff like that...

How could I have forgotten Shaun of the Dead....

First place is a tie for Night of the Living Dead and Shaun of the Dead.

There is no "bad" zombie movie.

All zombie movies are bad by nature of being. I doubt that a zombie movie will ever win an Oscar(not to say all of the movies that win Oscars are good). Zombie movies are supposed to be cheesie.

Best:

Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Fido
28 Days Later (I LOVE the "fast zombie" concept! ...and yes, I know they aren't really zombies...)

I am one of the biggest zombie movie fans ever and i challange all those who say there is no bad zombie movie to rent Living a Zombie dream and then post thoughts. That's if they haven't been killed by the suck.

If they make a movie based on the book; the best ever will be CELL

cell.jpg

Huh...I didn't think 28 weeks was that bad. Of course, I saw it at the Parkway Theater with beer and pizza...that'll help any movie.

28 days later doesn't count, tho (i know there is already a disclaimer, i don't care.) You can't be a zombie unless you are DEAD! It's a great "infected with rage" movie, tho! :D

I am legend i think was vampires. Or at least that was what the book was about. The movie was sort of vague. I am Omega is the same movie but with awesome Zombies.

I think Dawn of the Dead is pretty much top of the zombie heap, I thought Resident Evil was pretty good, but still not sure if those count as zombies, kind of like how 28 Days Later doesn't have true zombies. I Am Legend deserves an honorable mention, but I found the latest incarnation of the story to be lacking; as was the version with Vincent Price titled The Last Man On Earth. I think the absolute worst zombie movie I've ever seen was Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. It was low budget, bad acting, low production quality & weirdness 70's style all rolled into one big piece of crap. I'd really like to see them make a movie out of the Zombie Survival Guide series of books.

I am legend i think was vampires. Or at least that was what the book was about. The movie was sort of vague. I am Omega is the same movie but with awesome Zombies.

"Omega Man" ;) Charlton Heston at his best. I love the way that movie opens, him cruising through town with the top down, then firing full-auto into the windows at the zombies.

The book was definitely about vampires, although it doesn't necessarily protray them as religious vampires, more like infected to become vampires.

The new movie was basically "the infected", kinda like 28 days.

I liked the movie, but it so missed the point of the book.

The book (or, rather, short story) was brilliant. Did you see the other two movies? "Omega Man" with Charlton Heston and "The Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price? Great stuff...both really changed from the book. All of them are "scientists", too. The dude in the book was just a regular ole bad-ass.

The book (or, rather, short story) was brilliant. Did you see the other two movies? "Omega Man" with Charlton Heston and "The Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price? Great stuff...both really changed from the book. All of them are "scientists", too. The dude in the book was just a regular ole bad-ass.

I saw Omega Man but not the Vincent Price one. I think they did a good job on the last movie and when they kept the original title I was hoping that they would totally go into why he was considered a legend but no dice.

I think Dawn of the Dead is pretty much top of the zombie heap, I thought Resident Evil was pretty good, but still not sure if those count as zombies, kind of like how 28 Days Later doesn't have true zombies. I Am Legend deserves an honorable mention, but I found the latest incarnation of the story to be lacking; as was the version with Vincent Price titled The Last Man On Earth. I think the absolute worst zombie movie I've ever seen was Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. It was low budget, bad acting, low production quality & weirdness 70's style all rolled into one big piece of crap. I'd really like to see them make a movie out of the Zombie Survival Guide series of books.

I liked Resident Evil, but they should have stopped there. Resident Evil 3 is definitely on my list for one of the worst zombie movies ever.

I saw Omega Man but not the Vincent Price one. I think they did a good job on the last movie and when they kept the original title I was hoping that they would totally go into why he was considered a legend but no dice.

Nope...they used the same crap from the old movies instead of going back to the book. Makes me wonder if they even read the damn thing.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Especially the big boss zombie, he looked straight out of a video game.

Kenyan zombies... now that'd be interesting. I guess the whole brain-eating wouldn't be realistic though.

This thread would be bogus without mention of Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness.

Whilst on the subject of Bruce Campbell, has anyone seen Bubba Ho-Tep? I guess technically, it is a mummy movie. But a mummy is damn close to a zombie.

LOL, Bubba Ho-Tep

The revealing of her panties was neither intentional or non-intentional, she just didn't give a damn. She was so sentimental on me that she didn't mind that I got a bird's eye view of her love nest. I felt my pecker flutter once, like a pigeon havin' a heart attack, then lay back down and remain limp and still. Of course, these days even a flutter was kinda reassurin'.

"Omega Man" ;) Charlton Heston at his best. I love the way that movie opens, him cruising through town with the top down, then firing full-auto into the windows at the zombies.
QUOTE]

Wow DeathBrewer you have truely refined zombie movie taste. I am very impressed. I loved The Omega Man so much i made a tribute beer. The Omega Ale. What a film. I love the old mustang he steals in the beginning. I also like the part where the black woman hits him with the pistol and yells "your name is mud". That's a lot of jive for me.

Best zombie movie could go a lot of ways. The worst zombie flick I've ever seen was a musical called "Song of the Dead". Production values were sub-par, acting was wretched, but something about choreographed zombies made it impossible to look away.

If we are being broad in our definition of Zombie then ...

28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead, I am Legend or Dawn of the Dead (Romero) are pretty equal to me as being the best.

NOTLD, Dawn, Day...all great. Even though it was too political, I still like Land...and I appreciated Diary for what it was, though neither of them lived up to Dawn. 28 days later was great stuff, so was Shaun of the Dead.

I'm a huge huge fan of the Walking Dead comics...hell yeah, better than any Zombie movie. As is World War Z...we'll see if Brad Pitt can make a decent movie version of WWZ, though. I'm surely hoping he does, and will be supremely pissed if he effs it up.

NOTLD, Dawn, Day...all great. Even though it was too political, I still like Land...and I appreciated Diary for what it was, though neither of them lived up to Dawn. 28 days later was great stuff, so was Shaun of the Dead.

I'm a huge huge fan of the Walking Dead comics...hell yeah, better than any Zombie movie. As is World War Z...we'll see if Brad Pitt can make a decent movie version of WWZ, though. I'm surely hoping he does, and will be supremely pissed if he effs it up.

I am printing your reply and showing it to my wife to prove there are others like me. People who sift through the dollar bin looking for discarded zombie movie gems. People who anxiously await the release of movies from the writing stage and are there to scrutinize the castins process all the way through to end production. F ing awesome!

this is on my worst list

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZuK_wYrqp8]YouTube - FND Films - Gay Zombie[/ame]

lol

i liked resident evil 1.. the other 2 suck

sotd was awesome

Nope...they used the same crap from the old movies instead of going back to the book. Makes me wonder if they even read the damn thing.

DB whats the books like???

Just wondering have any of the people who enjoyed shaun of the dead seen any of "spaced" its a sitcom by the director and the two main actors in shaun of the dead and a lot of the cast.
Was wondering if it was loaded with too much 'UK humour' or do the hollywood pastiches come across?

It was like 150 pages :D You'll have to read it.

Spaced was great. I like when they have the gun fight in the living room. "Put a group of guys together...always the same."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P7dileY9sY]YouTube - Spaced Gunfight[/ame]

Back