Besides HBT what do you use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewRI

Reaction score
Besides HBT, what are some information sources you guys use to increase your knowledge about brewing, and how would you rate them on a scale from 1-10? On-line or offline it doesnt matter I just need to keep getting new info.

There's plenty out there for you. HBT is among the best though. If I can't find an answer on here, I'll consult one of the many books I have at home or will simply Google my question. Google is the end-all-be-all in regards to finding any information you could ever want!

Do you have any books yet? If not, I would highly recommend "How to Brew" by John Palmer, "Brewing Classic Styles" by Jamil Z., "Designing Great Beers", and many others. They all cover some of the same topics, but each has its own take on classic ideas or give more information than the other.

You can also get basically everything that's in Brewing Classic Styles by listen to the Jamil Show podcasts. They're available on the Brewing Network website or from the podcast section of iTunes. Great, great info.

I use the Northern Brewer forums on occasion.
I agree that the Brewing Network for podcasts of Jamil is great.

I LOVE Basic Brewing Radio podcasts. Each week, James Spencer has a new one, and they are always informative. I've learned so much from the podcasts, and still do. I have some a couple of years old talking about hops substitutions, for example, and it's still relevent today.

I also love howtobrew.com, and the book How to Brew. I use Designing Great Beers often, too.

So, I'd rate:
Howtobrew.com 9
How to Brew (book) 10
Designing Great Beers 10
BBR podcasts 9 1/2

I'm on a few forums, and I do tend to read quite a bit, so I have a lot of brewing books to read. All that plus the net keeps me informed, I like to think. But I probably think I know more than I really do, lol.

All of the above and Joy of Homebrewing by Papazian. Books are nice to have on hand as a reference.

I also think that Basic Brewing Radio and some of the Brewing Network shows are very much worth listening to.

Back