Bell's Saturn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loeks

Reaction score
I just picked up four of these today. One bottle shop in my area just got them in today and are doing a two bottle limit. I called another bottle shop, and they got it in on Tuesday and still have plenty left... so I went there and got a bunch for me and my boss. Now I am at work and am planning on having one when I get home.

Has anybody tried this yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

:mug:

Oh snap Ill have to hit up the local bottle shops and snap a pack or two while the gettings good. I really liked Mars but havent purchased any of the others due to reading poor reviews and they just werent styles that I was interested in drinking/buying. Looking forward to all the rest of the releases from here on out though. Loeks what did you thknk of Saturn if youve tried any yet?

Oh snap Ill have to hit up the local bottle shops and snap a pack or two while the gettings good. I really liked Mars but havent purchased any of the others due to reading poor reviews and they just werent styles that I was interested in drinking/buying. Looking forward to all the rest of the releases from here on out though. Loeks what did you thknk of Saturn if youve tried any yet?

Mars is the only other one I tried, and for the same reasons. Mars was REALLY good.

I'm still at work. Should have it in my belly in about 5 hours though. I will let you know what I think once I have it. :mug:

Drinking it right now. It's really good, as expected. Boozy, some woody bitterness. Interestingly it has the same cherry and licorice aroma that I get from Expedition Stout. Finish is a long lasting banana flavor. Drinking it at room temp, prob would be a little better at cellar temp. Definitely worth aging.

In short - a solid BBA barley wine.

Personal opinion coming:

Way too sweet. It's like taking Bud Light & adding a shot of cheap bourbon.

I am not a fan. Not a fan.

Back