Belle Proximus???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone heard of this?

Supposedly it is a joint effort from a few of the larger craft brewers to make a beer collectively. I can't find much info on it, but here is the most interesting snippet:

http://drinkcraftbeer.com/editorial/articles/dogfish_head_-_milton_brewery_tour.html

He also gave us the inside scoop on Belle Proximus, the new collaboration between DogFish Head, Russian River, Allagash, Avery, and Pizza Port… Due out in late 2007, I know I can’t wait to see what goes on with this! It’s got a cool sign and logo as well, as we saw in the Rehoboth Beach Brewhouse. (On further researching this, I found out it’s going to be a sour ale with each brewer bringing their own yeast strain to Pizza Port, where it will be brewed. The inspiration was a trip that the 5 brewers took together to Belgium.)

Anyone know anything more about this?

Sour beers are really becoming my thing--I can't wait for this!

"Guys,

Love the permutations. We have indeed brewed a collaborative beer called Belle Proximus. It is loosely brewed in the lambic type of beer(call it american wild ale for all I care). It is a 5 headed monster created by myself, Adam Avery, Sam C. Vinnie C and Tod Rob of Allagash. It was brewed in november of 2006 and I anticipate it to be released in Spring of 2008( YES 2008). We are in the midst of our own personal marathon and have many miles to go still.

Thanks
Tomme Arthur
Director of Brewery Operations
Port Brewing and The Lost Abbey"

-from beeradvocate.com - also, on the lost abbey blog he said 'released in 16 months' and that was in January of this year. Sounds good.

BTW, can you say "Top Candidate for Bottle Culturing! -everybody's bugs in one bottle!

landhoney said:
BTW, can you say "Top Candidate for Bottle Culturing! -everybody's bugs in one bottle!

If it invovles wierd yeast Landhoney is all over it. Now that I've heard about it I will have to hound the distributors by me for it. I wonder who will bottle it and decide where it's all going. I know tht some of thoe breweries don't disribute here but some do.

sause said:
If it invovles wierd yeast Landhoney is all over it. Now that I've heard about it I will have to hound the distributors by me for it. I wonder who will bottle it and decide where it's all going. I know tht some of thoe breweries don't disribute here but some do.

DFH prolly has the best distribution of any of those folks, don't they?

I agree with Dude - I'm really getting into sour beers lately. First lambic I had was underwhelming, but it was one of those "fake" lambics. Really, I enjoyed DFH's Berliner Weisse (even though it was a bit "girly," it was good), and Russian River's Santification was freakin' phenomenal. I'm going to do a Berliner Weisse soon to kind of get my feet wet, I just need to get the lacto culture ordered.

Hey, there's no bacteria shortage, is there?! Sour is the new hoppy.

RR beers are distributed by Stone and I would think that if you guys are getting RR and Stone beers back east and we aren't getting DFH beers out here that that might make Stone the likely distributor of the beer.

I'm glad I live in San Diego :)

the_bird said:
DFH prolly has the best distribution of any of those folks, don't they?

I agree with Dude - I'm really getting into sour beers lately. First lambic I had was underwhelming, but it was one of those "fake" lambics. Really, I enjoyed DFH's Berliner Weisse (even though it was a bit "girly," it was good), and Russian River's Santification was freakin' phenomenal. I'm going to do a Berliner Weisse soon to kind of get my feet wet, I just need to get the lacto culture ordered.

Hey, there's no bacteria shortage, is there?! Sour is the new hoppy.

On Pro Brewer's Night in Denver (at teh NHBC) I actually kept going back for Sanctification over Pliny. It was so freaking good.

I agree (especially with the hop shortage) this is a good transition time. ;)

Might be time to finally make a sour beer.

Berliner Weisse uses a lacto culture?

Matt_and_Katie said:
RR beers are distributed by Stone and I would think that if you guys are getting RR and Stone beers back east and we aren't getting DFH beers out here that that might make Stone the likely distributor of the beer.

I'm glad I live in San Diego :)

I'd imagine each of the participating breweries would get a share to put through whatever part of their own distribution channel they choose.

Latest posts

Back