Belgian Wit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pascott6

Reaction score
Made this 2 weeks ago. It had a OG 1.044 it now has a 1.016 not what it should have. I'm wondering if i should let it go a little longer. It still has quite a bite too. The Wyeast pack i used had a bad acctivator would that make a difference?

What was the FG supposed to be? My personal recipe ends up with 1.014, though it starts with 1.050.

Rev.

It's a Midwest Kit & they have between 1.010 & 1.014. I'm trying to have it ready for the week after Thanksgiving.

The Yeast may have made a difference...did you make a starter? If it's a 5 gallon batch, you should definitely make a starter with liquid yeast. Perhaps rouse the yeast with a couple swirls...and take a gravity reading in a day or two...if you get nothing, you might want to think about pitching some notty or US-05 if you need it to bottled and carbed by a certain date. Raising the temp might help too...I think the wit yeast is a little touchy, if I recall....

I just checked again & it hasn't moved from 1.016 in 4 days. I shook it up to maybe rile up the yeast to see if i can get it down to 1.010.
Do you guys think that will help?

I also tasted it & it has a sour taste. What the hell happened?
If i repitch it with new yeast will it help?

Back