Belgian Wit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnh2atl

Reaction score
Just bottled an AG Wit is it looked, smelled and tasted fantastic. It was so go we considered just drinking it warm and flat but we refrained and bottled it. We will brew another batch Friday and look forward to this one being ready in a few weeks.

I'll post the recipe soon. As soon as I figure out how, still on the steep part of the internet learning curve.

Nick

I have had many a temptation to drink flat beer because the initial taste was spot on. Just think if it's good now just wait for the carbonation and a week or so's rest in the bottles will do. Making a Wit this weekend I think.

Andy

Just brewed a wit this weekend, supposed to be an Allagash white clone, but already bought the ingredients when i got an email from their head brewer about their recipe. Oh well, should still be a good beer. Congrats on the wit, and definitely post the recipe, i'd be curious.

Just brewed a wit this weekend, supposed to be an Allagash white clone, but already bought the ingredients when i got an email from their head brewer about their recipe. Oh well, should still be a good beer. Congrats on the wit, and definitely post the recipe, i'd be curious.

:off:

What kind of information did you get from their head brewer???

He says the wheat bill consists of 15% malted red wheat and 25% raw unmalted white wheat. This is consistent with the recipes i found where the barley to wheat ratio for this beer is 60/40. I just wish he got back to me sooner.

Back