Belgian Wit!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HughBrooks

Reaction score
Just transfered my belgian wit to the secondary and trhrew some sweet orange peel in. This was my "weak wit" had an OG of 1.039...... bad mash but I think I got that figured out.... took a SG reading with what was left in the siphon.......1.010 and still looks like it is slowly fementing! Hope it is just excess co2 being released. if not I will end up wilth nothin left! Just thought I would share and see if anyone had anything similar happen:mug:

I have only done extract Wit before, but you know it's possible (though some would call it cheating) to add a bit of extract to your wort to bring the gravity up to where you want it. After a few batches, you ought to be able to predict your gravity pretty closely.

i have read tons of stuff about it and i am sure that i have a better understanding of what happend so I will be ready next time!

Glad to hear that someone actually prefers it a little light. I figured it would still turn out ok but I am still new to the brew so I just wanted some input to make me feel better:mug:

Back