Belgian tripel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abrayton

Reaction score
I am pretty new to brewing. I am planning to brew a Belgian Tripel 5 gallon extract. Three yeast options are safbrew BE - 256, Belgian abbey ale yeast activator - wyeast 1214, or white labs Belgian ale WL550. I'm picking up in store so shipping is not an issue. Any suggestions. Also, should I pitch two packs of yeast for this high gravity beer? Thanks for any advice

I don't know anything about the safbrew. If you're using wyeast or white labs and you are not making a yeast starter then you should use two vials/packets. Do some research for yourself on yeast pitching rates and you'll open your eyes to one of the most important aspects of brewing. Good luck.

I am pretty new to brewing. I am planning to brew a Belgian Tripel 5 gallon extract. Three yeast options are safbrew BE - 256, Belgian abbey ale yeast activator - wyeast 1214, or white labs Belgian ale WL550. I'm picking up in store so shipping is not an issue. Any suggestions. Also, should I pitch two packs of yeast for this high gravity beer? Thanks for any advice

Wlp550. Make a starter according to yeast calculations from website Brewers friend or other similar site. Ferment at low end of yeast and then increase temperature after 2-3 days to low to mid 70s.

Back