Belgian Quadrupel Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umeedm

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am planning on brewing a Belgian quadrupel similar to a St. Bernardus Abt 12. Attached is the recipe. I was wondering what profile in Bru'n Water should I use for this type of beer? A belgian quadrupel/belgian strong ale.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 14.08.54.png

About the only way to mess it up is to use hard water. I don't use BrewnWater, I use brewers friend, so I don't know which one to tell you specifically. However I do know a fairly soft nondescript profile should work fine. That beer is all about the yeast and maltyness so that is what the water profile should accentuate.

I think I used the Antwerp/Anvers profile in BrunWater last time I did a BDSA. It came out great. I started with RO and built it from there. IIRC, I did bump the chloride up a little to lean it toward the malty side. I had a similar recipe to yours and had to add a little lime to the mash to get my pH around 5.4.

Back