Belgian Jumping Bean Tripel IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerandloathinginaustin

Reaction score
I recently won an award in a local homebrew contest with this and have gotten very positive reviews from all my fellow beer snobs so I thought I'd share. It's Austin Homebrew's Tripel IPA with some extra hops at every stage.

Mini Mash - 5gal
Yeast - White Labs 500

5lb Extra pale LME
2lb Amber LME
2lb Corn sugar
2.25lb Marris Otter
.5lb Crystal 40L

@60 - 1oz Magnum, 1oz Columbus
@15 - 1oz Palisade, 1oz Styrian Golding, .5oz Amarillo
@5 - 1oz, Palisade, 1oz Saaz, .5oz Amarillo
DH for 12 days - 1oz Citra

Primary for 8 days, secondary for 12

The Columbus, Amarillo, & Citra weren't part of the original recipe. The Citra dry hopping adds a very potent banana:ban:/tropical aroma that seems to go over well.

I wanna try this recipe out, and Im pretty new to home brewing. How much water did you use and when did you use it when you brewed? Im just looking for a ballpark estimate to help me out a little bit more when I try it out in a few days.

Thanks!

Sweet thanks for the advice!

Brewed this up on Sunday (12/4), and the OG came out at 1.087, so pretty much right on. It's fermenting like crazy, CO2 releasing more than once a second, so I'm real excited. Trying to find the citra hops to dry hop, I've never done it before would be excited to try it out, but either way, it looks like it's gonna be one beast of a beer. Thanks for the recipe!

Back