Behold!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thor the Mighty

Reaction score
Got 4 beers going right now. Here are the labels and descriptors.

baslg.jpg

Burial at Sea

An American Barley Wine brewed with Belgian dark candi sugar, and aged on Bourbon oak spirals.

Some tasting notes:

Appearance- Blood red, with a nice rocky off white head. Little bit of haze due to the non filtered/bottle conditioned nature of this beer.

Smell- Cherry, bourbon, oak, rich malt, and some piney bitterness.

Taste- When served at 55*, Burial is a silky smooth almost Port-wine-like beast, with lively carbonation, dark fruit notes, and a slightly spicy finish. If you let it open up though, a perfumey blast of rum dipped raisin, vanilla, and oak come through with a slightly citric and earthy piney bitterness.

Mouthfeel- lively carbonation, with a chunky mouthfeel. Has a VERY VERY smooth finish for a barleywine of this stature. Nice and clean, without a cloying maltiness, but with a nice lasting bitter booze finish.

cpgnlogo.jpg

Champagan

Usually 17 IBU's is not enough to balance a beer over 11%ABV, but this is no ordinary beer. Once it has gone through its primary fermentation, a strain of Champagne yeast is added, where a second bout of yeast eatery goes into effect. The resulting product is a beer whose residual sugar level is almost nonexistent, leaving you with a pure backbone of Belgian Abbey yeast phenols, accompanied by a decadent rum raisin, oak, ripe dark fruit and caramel spice, to fit the bill.

heathenhefe.jpg

Heathen Hefe

First batch we made was a little too thin and it lacks a voluptuous grab at the end, so we're re doing it. As for now its a sessionable pale hefe with a tad of bitterness in the finish. meh.

pineapplexpresslabel-1.jpg

Pineapple Express

This was an English Brown Ale that I made for a friend, and accidently didn't bottle (actually he got 5 gallons of Champagan!!!!! LUCKY!) and since I think EBA's are mediocre at best, it was spliced with an entire pineapple, some Agave nectar, tequila, kombucha dregs, Cantillon dregs, Consecration dregs, and a splash of Schneider Avintinus Eisbock dregs *for some sweet phenolic euphoria!*. This one didn't smell too sour at all. In fact, it just smelled like someone had hit you in the face with a pineapple. Ok, a pineapple without the skin on it. Anyways, this guy is SOUR!!!!!!! WAY SOUR! ALRIGHT! It took a lot of pineapple and beasties to get it this way but lo and behold it turned out to be a winner.

Dude those are all extra-badass. I'm jealous of your skills! :mug:

EDIT: Also, am I to assume #2 is pronounced "Sham-pag-un" a la Zap Branigan?

First two are amazing, third is good except for the sword grip etc., third is hilarious, but a little off-putting colour scheme-wise

Back