behind bar refrigeration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe028

Reaction score
I just found a 30 bottle wine cooler on craigslist real cheap. I like the looks of it but want to use it more as a refrigerator for behind my bar (yet to be built). Do these wine cooler's get cold enough like a regular refrigerator for beer, soda, mixers, etc.? It is about the same size as the sanyo 4912 and looks real nice with a glass front. Anyone have any info for me? Thanks.

I dont think that they do. You may have to override it with an exterior temperature controller. Even so, they are so quiet. I'm left to conclude that the compressors are lighter duty.

I intend to use my wine chiller for parties and for some fermentation. Just not full-time.

olllllo said:
I dont think that they do. You may have to override it with an exterior temperature controller. Even so, they are so quiet. I'm left to conclude that the compressors are lighter duty.

I have to agree, I have one behind my bar and its perfect for white wine chilling - but thats about it. I've put bottled soda in it when my other fridge was full and they were'nt cool enough to drink really.

as much as i didn't really want to hear those answers, I appreciate it. I'll have to keep looking for a regular compact fridge. Thanks.

Back