• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania Beginner's Kit - Various Items

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlDogWV

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
All items are used, but in good usable condition. I finally got around to cleaning up my brew house and don't need these items due to various upgrades I made over time. This has just about everything one would need to start brewing, or there could be items here someone would want to add to their gear. I would prefer to get rid of the whole lot. I'm in the Pittsburgh area, but I could ship, I suppose, with agreed upon pricing. I'd like to get $150 OBO for all of the following.

1 Bayou Classic 9 Gallon Stainless Steel Pot w/Lid

1 Immersion Wort Chiller (25 feet of 3/8" Copper; picture below is from Amazon, where I bought it from in 2010)

2 Red Baron Bottle Cappers

1 6.5 Gallon Ale Pale

2 6.5 Gallon Bottling Buckets w/Spigots

1 Bottling Wand

1 5 Gallon Glass Carboy

1 6.5 Gallon Glass Carboy

Various Bottle Caps

Several Brew Bags

1 Thermometer

1 Hydrometer

1 Bottle Brush

1 Carboy Brush

1 Blow-off Tube (5 feet of 1 inch tubing)

Thank you for your consideration.

Attachments

• IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 64
  • chiller.jpg
    chiller.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Sorry, there is no content linked to your attachment. Please fix... and make sure to have prices listed.
Otherwise we will have to delete the thread.

Thanks!

So the price is listed at $125. I’d that not good enough?? I couldn’t figure out how to add a photo. I try to fix it tomorrow.
Yes please, fix it as soon as you can, there is no photo or price visible right now.
Use the "Upload a File" button on the bottom right of your input box, or post/embed a link to an external image.

Yes please, fix it as soon as you can, there is no photo or price visible right now.
Use the "Upload a File" button on the bottom right of your input box, or post/embed a link to an external image.

I apologize, but the text above was initially listed. When I logged in this morning I saw that nothing was there but the bad attachment. No idea what I did there. It should be fixed now; thanks for your help!

All items are used, but in good usable condition. I finally got around to cleaning up my brew house and don't need these items due to various upgrades I made over time. This has just about everything one would need to start brewing, or there could be items here someone would want to add to their gear. I would prefer to get rid of the whole lot. I'm in the Pittsburgh area, but I could ship, I suppose, with agreed upon pricing. I'd like to get $125 OBO for all of the following.

1 Bayou Classic 9 Gallon Stainless Steel Pot w/Lid

2 Red Baron Bottle Cappers

1 6.5 Gallon Ale Pale

2 6.5 Gallon Bottling Buckets w/Spigots

1 Bottling Wand

1 5 Gallon Glass Carboy

1 6.5 Gallon Glass Carboy

Various Bottle Caps

Several Brew Bags

1 Thermometer

1 Hydrometer

1 Bottle Brush

1 Carboy Brush

1 Blow-off Tube (5 feet of 1 inch tubing)

Thank you for your consideration.View attachment 631090
nice looking set of brew equipment for someone to get started. Add a 10 gallon pot to what you have there and thats my current set up pretty much. Someone will be a happy brewer with that.
what did you upgrade to if you dont mind me asking.

nice looking set of brew equipment for someone to get started. Add a 10 gallon pot to what you have there and thats my current set up pretty much. Someone will be a happy brewer with that.
what did you upgrade to if you dont mind me asking.

Thank you! And there IS a 9 gallon pot there ;)

I combined my supplies with a good friend of mine's, so I currently have 4 bucket fermenters, 4 5 gallon carboys and a 6.5 gallon carboy. I haven't bottled a beer since I moved to kegging 7 or 8 years ago (have 9 cornies and a 5-tap kegerator we built). We now have 2 16.5 gallon stainless pots we BIAB with. Also a Jaded Hydra chiller (one of the best investments ever, ha). Just accumulated a few things here or there over time, all the while trying to keep it simple. I had waaaay too much extra stuff just sitting around. Figured I'd pass on the gear to someone who takes up the hobby or wants more stuff.

A 9 gallon stainless kettle is included!

As well a few brew bags.
Just get some malt, hops, and yeast and ready to brew!
Maybe get some copper coil and make a chiller first.

Ahhh! That reminds me, I do have a chiller available! It wasn't stored with the stuff I listed above, so I forgot about it until you just wrote this!

Thank you! And there IS a 9 gallon pot there ;)

I combined my supplies with a good friend of mine's, so I currently have 4 bucket fermenters, 4 5 gallon carboys and a 6.5 gallon carboy. I haven't bottled a beer since I moved to kegging 7 or 8 years ago (have 9 cornies and a 5-tap kegerator we built). We now have 2 16.5 gallon stainless pots we BIAB with. Also a Jaded Hydra chiller (one of the best investments ever, ha). Just accumulated a few things here or there over time, all the while trying to keep it simple. I had waaaay too much extra stuff just sitting around. Figured I'd pass on the gear to someone who takes up the hobby or wants more stuff.
i use my original 8 gallon kettle for strike water and quickly found if I added the 10 gallon for boil I can batch sparge while preheating the boil kettle.

i use my original 8 gallon kettle for strike water and quickly found if I added the 10 gallon for boil I can batch sparge while preheating the boil kettle.

Yeah, anything to make the brew day more efficient is always a plus. I still have another 9 gallon pot we can use for batch sparging or even smaller batches. Haven't used it since we got the two larger kettles, though.

Back