beginner beer brewer (need advice)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bozo0385

Reaction score
What's the best brew to make for my first batch of beer. I'm nervous on making it.
I have glass carboy for fermentation.

Something easy? I'd go with an English bitter or an amber.
IMO brewing beer isn't as hard as some make it out to be. I've brewed everything ... I've had one bad batch because I rushed it. Don't be intimidated . Relax

Make a pale ale, its hard to screw up so it will give u confidence to keep making more

Edworts haus ale is an easy great tasting brew.

Also consider a darker beer for example a porter or stout. They are a bit more forgiving to off flavors.

My first batch was a red ale which turned out great! If you are brewing from a kit then you shouldn't have many problems. The key to brewing is easy, just stick to the basics. Follow the directions and be sure to sanitize everything (basically anything that will come into contact with the beer). As for your beer of choice, like others have said, brew something you like to drink. Most of the time you'll end up with a product you'll enjoy drinking. And it only gets better the more you brew. Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice. I'll let y'all know how everything turns out. And post pic.

Back