Begian Brewing Snow Days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaRooster

Reaction score
As I popped into the beer store, I noticed a seasonal I have not seen before by the New Belgian Brewing Company, name Snow Days. I thought, fantastic, a new Christmas ale, so I decided to pickup a six pack.

I open up a bottle after chilling to the recommended temp and BAM I had a nose full of coriander. I didn't really get any of the traditional Christmas spice, just a huge nose of coriander. So I was wondering what is up with these guys and coriander? :confused:

Anybody else out there had a chance to try it?

Havent had the chance to try it, actually havent even seen it yet. I have heard of it though, and thought it was supposed to be a black IPA/CDA or whatever you want to call it. I may have to split a 6er of it with a buddy today...

I think the Trippel and maybe mothership wit are the only ones with coriander?

I live in fort collins and i have not seen it yet. Does it tasty crappy. Did they do away with 2 below? I have lost a bit of faith in NB now that they mostly do High Gravity brewing which stated a while back and are using some extract hops to save on cash.

from newbelgium.com
"Pleasantly hoppy, Snow Day carries the subtle chocolate and caramel flavors of a new brewing malt known as Midnight Wheat. The Styrian Golding, Centennial and Cascade hops bring the backbone of hoppy bitterness to complement the roasty undertones. This beer is the deep garnet of a roasted walnut and presents a creamy tan head, floating artfully atop. Snow Day is bold and hoppy, drinkable and strong.
It reminds you to enjoy the unexpected.

Just the facts Ma'am...
ABV - 6.2%
IBU - 55
Calories - 190
Hops - Styrian Golding, Centennial, Cascade
Malts - Pale, C-80, Midnight Wheat
OG - 24.7 "

Well I'm not surprised, New Belgium tripel is just utter trash.

Back