Beersmith help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owentp

Reaction score
When choosing a mash profile with a mash out option, it states to add water to bring it up to temp. I usually use my HERMS to do this, so do I add strike water it states & additional water for mash out (changes it from 1.25 to 1.75 qts/lb).

Change the mash out step from infusion to temperature. This tells BS that you are heating the mash, rather than adding more water.

Thx! Any suggestions on equipment profiles? I may want to scale up to larger than 10 gal pot. Do the value/constants change when you do that or do you need to know what they are? Also the recipe cloud. I never rec'd a beer smith login for it.

Thx! Any suggestions on equipment profiles? I may want to scale up to larger than 10 gal pot. Do the value/constants change when you do that or do you need to know what they are? Also the recipe cloud. I never rec'd a beer smith login for it.

You would need to enter the variables for a new equipment profile. When I went from an 8 gal to 15 gal kettle, I think the only thing that changed for me was the boiloff rate.

I haven't used the BS recipe cloud much and it's been a while since I set up my account, but I'm pretty sure you just register a new account, then when you go to access it from within BS, it will ask you for the login and password you created when you registered.

Back