beersmith efficency tab ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerthirty

big beers turn my gears
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I getting the hang of using beersmith and like it, but have a few questions regarding eff. tab. with each brew I have done, my boiler and fermenter eff has been going up. how does this relate to brewhouse eff? Is it an average of the two? Are you supposed to manually reset the brewhouse field after each brew?

it's not an average, it's a product of the two.

ie, if you have 90% into the boiler and 90% into the fermenter, your brewhouse is 81%, not 90%

If you change the brewhouse efficiency manually on a recipe you've already done, it'll adjust the amounts of grains in the recipe and then it won't be a record of your work. Adjust it in the next recipe you do to reflect your improvements.

I have a similar question. Which efficiency number do I use? There are 3 on the efficiency page. Actual efficiency, efficiency into boiler, or efficiency as calculated from actual volume?

Back