Beersmith 2.0 Calendar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrizBrew

Reaction score
I am giving BeerSmith a trial run. It seems like a fantastic piece of software! However, when I enter in my brew date, it starts the Primary on the day after?? I of course go into primary the same day....Apart from fudging a day backward, is there any way in the preferences that I can tell BeerSmith to start primary on brew day? Thanks for any help:tank:

Just a guess but maybe because fermentation doesn't start right away. Mine usually starts the day after.

It doesn't actually start the day after. If you look at the settings for your fermentation, you'll see that if you e.g. enter 7 days primary, you will have 6 days including the "primary" day on the calendar and secondary starts one week after brew day.

It doesn't actually start the day after. If you look at the settings for your fermentation, you'll see that if you e.g. enter 7 days primary, you will have 6 days including the "primary" day on the calendar and secondary starts one week after brew day.

Hmm, yeah, I can see that. I guess I thought of it as going into secondary 7 days after brew day, but I guess it really means 7 full days in primary, not including brew day. I guess it figures half a day for brew day and half a day for secondary.

Cheers! Thanks for the replies:mug:

Back