Beergas balancing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mspace

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a beergas and stout tap (krome) combo I am trying to use for my stouts, but I always get a glass full of foam. Even after the glass sits, I end up with a 4" head that wont go down. On the first pour, I usually get straight beer for a few seconds before the foam comes out of the tap. After that it's always foam.

I am using 10' of 3/16" line in my 37* keezer at 40psi. From what I understand the line length shouldn't matter since it is going thru a restrictor, but in reality will it? Should I look at longer line?

TIA
-Space

Your beer is overcarbed. 40lbs at 37 degrees gives you. 2.43 carb. Too. high for a stout pour. With a 75/25 gas mix at 40 degrees is the equivilent of using 10lbs of co2.

This is what works for me. I put the keg on CO2 at 5-8 lbs ( my fridge is at 45) for a week, then hook up the beergas set at 35 lbs. I get a nice pour that. has that great cascade. Nice 1" head after it settles out.

I am drinking one that I poured a few minutes ago.

Back