Beer Tour Europe planning ... (tips requested)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maztec

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Myself and a handful of my friends are in the beginning stages of planning a beer tour of Europe. Thus, I appeal to this forum for any tips you may have.

Rough plans at the moment would be a four week tour. Pattern is in three day sets: travel, visit breweries, and recover from hangovers/free day. The current travel for the trip by country is roughly:
Ireland, England, Amsterdam, Belgium, Alsace, North Germany, Poland, Czech, Austria, Bavaria. The idea is to hit major styles, plus the gems of the beer world. For example, Guinness, Harp, IPA, Farmhouse Ales, Trappist, other Belgians, Black, Hefe, Bock, Pilsner, Bavarian. Yes, some of those are small and others are large categories.

So, what are the bet places to visit, what would be the best timing? (It is tempting to end on either Oktoberfest or the Spring fest in Bavaria.)

Thanks for the help! :)

-M

Don't suppose you would detour to Norway, but if you do Ægir bryggeri (http://www.flamsbrygga.no/bryggeri/) is the best microbrewery bar i've ever been to. Nogne øl while being good brewery arnt really set up for visiters in the same way,they charge a fortune for a tour.

Planning a trip to Germany and Poland myself for next May. Germany will have some beer highlights but so far cant find much of anything for Poland.

I was thinking Poland has two purposes:
1) Detox, 2) Oddball breweries. I had found the following site on their breweries a while back and thought it rather informative. http://www.europeanbeerguide.net/polbrew.htm

I forgot to mention it earlier, but any worthwhile sightseeing near breweries should also make it onto the list.

Norway is an interesting suggestion, I had not thought of doing it also, yet.

Back