Beer taps without the tower?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheInnKeeper

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have my Intertap flow control tap attached directly to my keg, it works "fine" but I want to add 3-4' of keg line to help reduce foaming.......which leads me to my below question, where\how do I then mount the tap itself?

Hence I'm Looking for a way to "clamp" my tap directly to the top of keg with the 3-4' of keg line neatly wrapped around the keg itself which will help with organization and making it portable.

Does anything like this exist?

Thanks in advance

How do you keep your kegs cold now? Can you mount the taps somewhere inside that vessel or through it?

How do you keep your kegs cold now? Can you mount the taps somewhere inside that vessel or through it?

Right now the Intertap is mounted right to the quick release post with ZERO beer line

19283.jpg

I think everyone got that part, but now can you show this keg in its native habitat so we can see what you have to work with?

Cheers!

I think everyone got that part, but now can you show this keg in its native habitat so we can see what you have to work with?

Cheers!

I'm just getting started on my keg\tap collection and this is the fridge I have to work with for now, just got my tank Sunday after my borrowed one failed........the co2 tank will eventually be OUTSIDE of the fridge with a manifold(s) inside the fridge.

More coming next month when hopefully the Nukatap flow controls come in stock......the end goal with this is to have a nice clean looking portable 2.5gal kegs that actually pour really well.

Hopefully I'm making sense here

keg.jpg

Excellent pic!

I suggest one solution would be to cut a board to fit inside those shelf rests, and bore 7/8" holes for your faucet shanks.
If you cut the board to be just ever so slightly longer than the width of the liner opening you can press it into place and it'll stay put until you need to remove it.
I would try a board width that would need to be notched in the middle of the ends so it would fill two of those slots...

Cheers!

Excellent pic!

I suggest one solution would be to cut a board to fit inside those shelf rests, and bore 7/8" holes for your faucet shanks.
If you cut the board to be just ever so slightly longer than the width of the liner opening you can press it into place and it'll stay put until you need to remove it.
I would try a board width that would need to be notched in the middle of the ends so it would fill two of those slots...

Cheers!

Yep I was thinking about that, maybe add like a small C-clamp or something to secure it in place but not in the way of the handle looking all janky?

Thanks!!

I am The Fridge Whisperer! :rock:

Honestly, if you cut the length right (start a bit over-length and maybe trim it while test fitting) you'll be able to wedge a plank in there that won't move until you want it to :)

Cheers!

Mine work fine, if you have issues sometimes you can drop the PSI down from 10 to maybe 9 PSI. Also, when pouring, pull the main handle all the way forward and throttle the pour with the flow control rather than the main handle. Then turn off the main handle.View attachment 707681View attachment 707682

Mine works OK, I have it set @ 9psi right now......possible I have the beer over carbed and thats not helping

If I back off on the flow control I can get a pretty ok pour(not as good as your picture) but not quiet as good as I'd like.

Thanks everyone!

Nothing beats 10 foot of restrictor line for sure, but this is a great compromise, once you get it set the way you like it. Works for me!

Do you think adding 4' of line and wrapping it around my torpedo keg all nice and neat will make a significant difference in foam control?

I might do it as an experiment anyways.......I REALLY want this portable keg thing 100% dialed in as were gonna be using it as a business promotion for our Airbnb ski cabin rental and cabin cleaning business.

Thanks again everyone!!

Back